Damaged goods

Chameleon

Established Member
Well I did it now! This past Saturday I broke my ankle. :mj:

Like a fool I was helping a friend move (when will I ever learn) and I was carrying a vintage mahogany surfboard. I was so focused on not damaging the board that I didn't notice that the sidewalk had a cut out for a planterbed. While walking my left foot landed partially on and partially off the side walk. This caused my foot to flex outward and my ankle snapped. It was so loud when it broke that my friend's sister heard it break from inside the kitchen (about 15 feet away and inside the house).

On the plus side I saved the surfboard!!!!

Jeez, I feel like a total dumbazz. I went to the ER Saturday, I was hoping for just a bad sprain but unfortuately I broke a bone. ER put me in a soft cast which will be changed for a hard cast tomorrow. I will be in the hard cast for three weeks and then will go into a "walking hard cast" which I will be in for another three weeks. Then physical therapy.

So I'm basically out of action for 6 to 7 weeks. :bash: . No surfing, no bicycling and most importantly no driving my Terminator! :cryying:

I am supposed to be keeping the leg elevated but I am getting incredibly bored!. So I decided to sneek in here and see what is going on at SVTP. (Is that dedication or what!). :D

I am going to try to log on for a few minutes each morning so that I won't miss much! This place is like crack, I need a fix every day or I go into withdrawl symptoms.

Signed,
Damaged goods.

Last edited:

Black Justin

Established Member
Hey man, sorry to hear about your accident. I broke my wrist twice, and was in a cast for 6 weeks each time and almost went insane.. I couldn't imagine hardly walking!

I hope you feel better man and the healing is speedy.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Just remember they owe you BIG time now...if you want your balls scratched call your friend and his sister will come over and scratch them :)

Users who are viewing this thread