*Damaged my door *HELP*

Tpxsss

Established Member
My 99 L got stuck in the mud so I tried backing it out which worked until I hit a patch of ice and it slid right into the side of the shed hitting the cynder block wall on the passenger side. Ive never felt/heard so much pain when I heard that pop and paint scratching noise. I wanted to cry/throw up and scream. :xpl: I should have just left it.

Its now pinned there and im thinking I need to have a tow truck come and winch it out by pulling it out sideways. I can see the door is dented pretty good where the handle is almost half way down and i know its scratched to sh*t. This is my first accident and its with the L at home :nonono:

I have no idea what to do with the damage. Can I claim it on insurance or just pay for it out of pocket? What are the chances it can be fixed and how much?? Do the older flareside f150's have the same doors??.....

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
Dude...#1 sorry to hear.Pics.would have helped??? Only your insurance co.can answer
the questions you asked (we don't know your policy).If your door is already "F'ed"
I wouldn't worry about a tow truck...just back away as best as you can with maybe
a spotter to help so no more damages occur.

F150 door is the same minus our interior (SVT).

Goodluck.......

earl lee

Established Member
If you have full coverage you should be able to claim it on ur insurance.

My sister backed up and scraped a telephone pole (yes she cannot drive like most women). Called up her insurance (met life) they sent an adjuster out, he appraised the damage and they sent her a check.

Users who are viewing this thread