Damaged my rear bumper

PacWest

Established Member
Got home late last night from a friends house after installing my new GordsFord H/E. Closed the garage door and it raked my rear bumper all the way down through the COBRA letters:mj:

I can't believe I did that! I'm so irritated. I love the Gords H/E. This is like 1 step forward 2 steps back...sucks.

Has anyone seen a silver rear bumper for sale? Maybe I can get it painted even though the gouges are deep in one spot. I'll take it to my usual paint shop next week:shrug:

-Ryan

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Man...that sucks. I know the feeling...did it about a month ago to my GT. Early morning...still asleep, I start to back out and realize hey stupid! the garage door is shut. So I stop and hit the opener...I had backed up just enough for the handle to gouge my bumper as it came up.::bash:
Then there's the scrape on my Cobra bumper from hubby moving the engine stand to the back of the car....and the skunk stain on my front bumper....I need a new car. :(

nuxx

Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
Man...that sucks. I know the feeling...did it about a month ago to my GT. Early morning...still asleep, I start to back out and realize hey stupid! the garage door is shut. So I stop and hit the opener...I had backed up just enough for the handle to gouge my bumper as it came up.::bash:
Then there's the scrape on my Cobra bumper from hubby moving the engine stand to the back of the car....and the skunk stain on my front bumper....I need a new car. :(

Totally off topic... but you feel like taking some pics of a Mystichrome racerat? I can't seem to get the color shift to come out on a digital camera... must be the 1 CCD digital camera thing :nonono:
-Peter

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by nuxx
Totally off topic... but you feel like taking some pics of a Mystichrome racerat? I can't seem to get the color shift to come out on a digital camera... must be the 1 CCD digital camera thing :nonono:
-Peter
I'd LOVE to take some pics of your car! Let's set it up.

04-MystiChrome

One Fast Grand-PaPi
Established Member
Sorry Man-I know it's even worse when you do
somethin' like this yourself.....but,

Get the whole new bumper & get it painted to
your satisfaction-Then install it. That way you
won't be disappointed & you will not be able to
tell it even happened.

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
Originally posted by PacWest
Got home late last night from a friends house after installing my new GordsFord H/E. Closed the garage door and it raked my rear bumper all the way down through the COBRA letters:mj:

I can't believe I did that! I'm so irritated. I love the Gords H/E. This is like 1 step forward 2 steps back...sucks.

Has anyone seen a silver rear bumper for sale? Maybe I can get it painted even though the gouges are deep in one spot. I'll take it to my usual paint shop next week:shrug:

-Ryan

Sorry to hear that. I had to buy a rear bumper cover last month. Got it from Fordpartsnetwork.com. $289 plus $20 shipping to my door. Unpainted. Check out bumpers.com, they are cheap too.

Willywig

Established Member
I just got a new read bumper cover cause someone hit it and ran while parked .... the unpainted bumper from ford is 359.00 i think...

wish i new about Fordpartsnetwork.com sooner

halo

Outta my way!!!
Established Member
D'oh! I did the same thing a couple of months ago. I tore a nice gash through my "O." I had it filled and repainted for about $300. I can still make out where the scar was, but you really have to look for it. If you want perfection, you might need to get the new cover.

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
Bumpers.com

I forgot to say that bumpers.com sells painted bumpers, Silver is one of the available colors. You should check with them to make sure it is the right silver, though, as there was a change in silver during the 2003 run. Bumpers.com is really inexpensive - I think the price is less than $250 for a painted bumper cover. I have never dealt with them, so cannot make any recommendation (they did not have Dark Shadow Grey).
If you buy an unfinished one like I did, expect to pay another $300 plus for painting and mounting on the car. I could have saved about $70 by mounting it myself, but after the guy told me it is a two person job and takes them about 1.5 hours, I said forget it and had them do it at the shop.

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
Thank you so much for the info on bumpers.com,because you'll never guess what I did today to my Silver Metallic rear. Yup,backed into some guide wires of a telephone pole.Man I almost barfed as this happened when I was making my appointment to do some pulls on the dyno Thursday.F___K.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Another victim here. Got backed into in a parking lot, scratched up the drivers side corner. :(

PacWest

Established Member
This is very good news! I appreciate the web sites. I left town for a couple of days and just got back to checking my post. I was happy to see all this great info.

I may just fill it and have it painted. I'm pretty good friends with a body shop owner. Plus, I drive the car everyday and little things are going to happen. This one is just too big to let go. I'll check out the price of getting it painted and then compare these web sites. I'll let the body shop mount it for $70 or so.

-Ryan

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by PacWest

-Ryan

Are you sure a hit and run didn't occur in a parking lot somewhere? :shrug:

Willywig

Established Member
well when there is a hole the size of a grapefruit in the bumper (my Problem) I am having it replaced... $810 painted and mounted...

SA SNAKE

Established Member
I hit my front bumper on a friken curb prety good yesterday. Scratched it pretty good. It suck when you do something stupid like that. I guess it could be worse.

Last edited:

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
If any are looking for a painted rear bumper in DSG in perfect condition with ss inserts, let me know. I have one for sale in the market cheap!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread