Dammit, noticed some scratches from FACTORY on my wheels?!

Z20WHAT

Established Member
I noticed that on 3 of my 4 wheels have a circular ring about a few inches from the center of the wheel that is a scratch - no doubt about it. Perfect circle on all 3 but one of them has a much bigger "gouge" like scratch on it instead of the light scratch on the others. I'll take pictures later.

1) Is this from the factory? They have NEVER been off the car.
2) Anyone else have this problem?
3) Can I do anything as far as warranty is concerned? I don't think I should have received the wheels like that from Ford!!!

Thanks for any input. You all should look closely to see if you have the same problem!

OverToad

Established Member
It'd be worthwhile to ask :)

Walk in with a depreciating smile, explain the car has never seen even so much as rain, let alone a curb, and see what they have to say.
I'd give you better than a 50/50 shot.

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
How long have you had your car? I had my car for a week and the first time I hand washed it I noticed a couple deep scratches in a couple of the wheels. I went to the dealer and showed them and they swapped them out with no questions asked.

I work for Ford Mo. Co. and I see this happen every once in a while on the rims for the 250, 350, 450, 550, and the Excursion. I'm not sure how they torque the lugs down at the Mustang plant, but we have a gun with eight sockets on it and shoots them all at one time. Sometimes the wheel may get damaged in the process. Just depends on if it's noticed and wrote up or not.

I'd say take it to the dealer and just explain to them you've neer noticed it before.

CaliCobra

Established Member
I had one wheel on my first one that had an impact socket gouge that was from the factory. Noticed the day after I got home with it. The selling dealer swapped it out, even though they did make it sound like they were doing me a favor and its not normally a warrenty item if not caught during your delivery inspection.

Basically they can get it covered if they want to. Its all about your attitude. Be cool with them and they usually are with you.

In general I noticed a big difference in my dealers between my 2 Cobras, with the newest one being much more willing to take of their customers. They didn't have any problem taking care of a couple things I found after seeing the car in the daylight for the first time.

I hope yours is cool with you like that.

Good luck

julio

Established Member
The scratch could also be caused by the PDI guy when he put the locking lug nuts on....

Users who are viewing this thread