Damn clutch...Need suggestions

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Well I've got around 1400 miles on my Spec stage 1 and the damn thing still chatters and makes all kinds of noise at low rpms. I had the flywheel resurfaced and torqued all the bolts to spec so I'm kind of lost as to what would be causing it.

Any advice and/or recommendations would be very helpful. I've gotten to the point where I hate to drive the damn thing.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Should have cleared up by now. Call Spec and see what they will do.
All I can think of is to drive it and slip it some to get a little glaze on it.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Spec's not going to do anything because I actually bought it over a year ago. Was going to put it in when I swapped trannies but the king cobra was still in great shape I didn't.

I've been slipping it but it hasn't helped. It will slip about half way through the pedal movement then it wants to chatter.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
did you check to make sure the disk and pressure plat were flat.

spec is sadly known for having some warped parts.

cgriff97cobra

I HATE DEER
Established Member
I tell you sometimes these SPECs dont know what they want to do. I broke my stage 3 in good and it only chatters a bit. My buddy's stage 4 was chattering bad and he said forget break in time, so he just started beating on it. I would suggest giving the clutch some hell and wear off some of that new and lay some tracks down so to speak!

Last edited:

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
dam josh i hope i dont have the same problem with my spec stage 1 when i put it in this summer. good luck :beer:

white98snake

Established Member
my stage 3 did that for a bit but then i adjusted it and it went away
if u have a firewall adjuster then y can adjust it accordingly. if the cable gets a bit 2 loose then the clutch will clunk

CY98Cobra

Established Member
quadcammer said:
did you check to make sure the disk and pressure plat were flat.

spec is sadly known for having some warped parts.

No I didn't. But I think something is warped. I'm wondering if it's the flywheel. Someone I know had their flywheel come back warped after being resurfaced by the place that did mine, but of course I didn't find this out until after I already had it back.

White98: The clutch has been adjusted several times, no change.

Untamed

Established Member
on my 94 cobra I had the stock clutch and disided to UPGRADE :rolleyes:
to a spec1 that only gave me problems :nonono: it would only grip and not chatter if you would pop the clutch hard and slip completly if you try to slip it out :bored:

King Cobra for me only ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread