damn... crx proved me wrong

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
Well, let me start by giving you background on this.
I have a friend named ray, his dad was being a prick not letting him use the car that his dad bought for him because he didnt want him to put any unnecissary miles on it (its nothing great, it was a 94 grand am v6, his dad just likes to find ways to abuse his role as a parent.) So my friend asked me if i could help him if he bought a car for himself. I said sure. He bought a beat up CRX, but didnt know how to drive stick, so i taught him (it was my first experience driving a crx and the compression on the engine was horrible and one cylinder was running so inefficiently it might as well have been bypassed in the firing order). I thought this was the norm speed/power wise for those cars so i was dissapointed in the little bugga (the car). Anywho, its been since august that he's had the car and i saw him last night, he has his entire car primered *cringe* i was shootin the sh*t with him (no, not his car, we were talking ;)) i was like dude, why haven't you gotten it painted yet its been forever! he said because hes been doing stuff to the engine.. i was like hmm... can you show me? he popped the hood, he has a civic EX engine in it with cam (its SOHC), camgear, intake, header, exhaust (he told me he wants a quiet exhaust again, i commended him), V-AFC, thats about it. He got the stock Civic SI rims, they look nice and clean (as contrasted by the primer on the car). So he was like... im bored, wanna go for a ride? I told him sure, i hadnt been in it since it was running on 3 cylinders.. he laughed and said its a little quicker now. I was skeptical, but we got on the highway (the cam emphasizes V-TEC in that engine pretty well, not nearly as much as you hear people talking about the STOCK V-TEC working, but i didnt have an expectations for it so i was impressed) There was a Civic EX that we killed, i expected that because the CRX is so light, then this c4 corvette came up to us, he was like oh shit.. im gonna get murdered. The corvette went and we only were a few(4ish) carlengths behind after 100mph!!! we started at about 50, 100 was just into 4th. I was like daaammnnn... the corvette gave us the thumbs up and we went back to where we started. I was really impressed by the performance of that car, now if only he'd get the damn thing painted! ;)

Just thought i'd take this time to say that although i hate that it looks gross, when he gets it painted, that car is going to be bad ass. I dont like that its a 4 cylinder, but i guess the 1600lbs or so makes up for it... heh. The V-AFC is a neat unit, i might get the S-AFC for my car for kicks now, i like the graphs and everything. BTW theres no decals on the car (one, its the car group he's in but its nothing gross looking), no wing, a body kit but its nothing majorly different from the stock body so its not out of place, nice rims, impressive cornering (strut tower brace really makes a difference on that car!), i know someones gonna come in here and be like RICER!!! YOU ARE TOO CODY YOURE RICE STUPID HOMO... but i just wanted to share my experience with everyone.

This is after i was in my friends EX with SI swap... that thing has no torque, but ill be damned if it doesnt rev to 8500 and pull ahead there... it makes me want to start a project car sooo bad :( wish i had money for something nice =\ oh well, thats what college is for!
Thanks for reading, and even more thanks if you arent close minded about this and give credit where its due. Not saying its pretty, but it IS quick... although i like fast with class, sometimes fast is better than nothing =\

z06matt

I 1 Racing
Established Member
Sweet man! That's nice that you helped him out and all:thumbsup: Just as long as he doesn't sticker the car(you know what I mean) and drive crazy as hell all the time for no reason then :thumbsup: to both of you.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
friend's dad is a prick. cody helps friend buy own car. car sucks, runs bad, but next time cody rides in car, car good. not rice (clean, no wing). now cody wants project like that...

MatchStick

Master of the drunken pee
Established Member
Originally posted by ezernut9mm
friend's dad is a prick. cody helps friend buy own car. car sucks, runs bad, but next time cody rides in car, car good. not rice (clean, no wing). now cody wants project like that...

I see.........

No rice=good :beer:

:D

Brantner

Established Member

I was just about to post "TL;DR" (Too Long Didnt Read)

Thanx for the condenced version :thumbsup:

as long as it isnt rice I am all for it (sorta.....)

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
That sounds like a pretty cool project. How much $ has he spent already on it?

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member

...lmao, only if i scrolled down and read this instead of the never ending post above it...bAHhh

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
It's a pretty quick read and congrats to your friend on starting a little project of his own.

Although I like it when people focus more on go then show . . . at least get it painted.

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
He should of just bought an old fox
if only it was that easy. My friend needed a car, trust me an old ratty crx wasnt his first choice. All of the old fox bodies go for a good penny around here and this was like 4 easy payments of a couple hundred. Good cliff notes btw ;)

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
Originally posted by LBguy
It's a pretty quick read and congrats to your friend on starting a little project of his own.

Although I like it when people focus more on go then show . . . at least get it painted.
thats exactly how i feel about it.

Users who are viewing this thread