damn third COP

dydu

hard work pays off
Established Member
well , just finished the spark plug change and everything was going well until i get to that sorry driver side third COP, i just couldn't get that 7mm bolt out so i try to use different swivels and what not and i ended up rounding the head on that screw, damn i pissed, any ideas how i can get that screw out??

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
best invention ever was the 7mm swivel socket....its a swivle joint with the 7mm socket built into it....anything else is a bastard....

probably have to take the fuel rail off and knock and sae socket (little smaller than 7mm in size)on over the rounded bolt.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Since you already rounded the bolt, try a pair of small needle-nose vise-grips. They should be small enough to get in there and bite. Your COP bolts shouldn't be so tight that they won't work.

ASUSMC

Oh Hi!!!
Established Member
I would try some vise grips first. Probably gonna have to remove the fuel rail, move the vacuum lines out of the way and such. Really shouldn't be that difficult just make sure you get a new bolt.

dydu

hard work pays off
Established Member
thank you guys for all advices, yeah looks like i'll have to pull the fuel rail off and then probably some vise grips or something like this, thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread