Dana Spicer Aluminum Driveshaft

KRS

Established Member
Last edited:

1st usa car

Established Member
never heard of their driveshafts ... i dont see a price but I cant imagine it being a better deal than the other popular brands..... and at that point why bother?

barspen

Established Member
I believe FRPP sources there DS, so I would thinks it's a viable option.

Been keeping my eye on them, but haven't pulled the trigger yet...

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
From an OEM standpoint, they are probably one of the biggest suppliers for drivetrain stuff in the industry. Id have to imagine a shaft made for our cars is most definitely up to snuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

KRS

Established Member
I called Dana Spicer today and the Tech indicated that the 4" is rated for 1060 hp and the 3.5" is rated for 940 hp.

Is anyone aware of any disadvantage of running a 4" driveshaft versus 3.5". I'm assuming that there won't be any clearance issues with the 4"?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I called Dana Spicer today and the Tech indicated that the 4" is rated for 1060 hp and the 3.5" is rated for 940 hp.

Is anyone aware of any disadvantage of running a 4" driveshaft versus 3.5". I'm assuming that there won't be any clearance issues with the 4"?

There could be clearance issues if you're lowered and haven't had your pinion angle adjusted, and if you have a rear driveshaft safety loop mount installed.

Users who are viewing this thread