Dang kids

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I'm still using my Samsung Galaxy Note 5, from almost 6 years ago. Still makes phone calls, sends texts and emails just fine. It's not 5G, but I don't care.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Highly recommend an Otterbox. I've used one for years. Yes, they are big and bulky and such. But man, they sure can take some abuse. Dropped mine yesterday on concrete from my hand and it bounced and skidded and came back up just as good as always.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Phones are funny objects.
I can drop one 8 feet onto a concrete floor. Perfectly fine. I can also drop the phone 2 feet from the floor and shatter the entire screen. I know it's about contact points but still just seems random when the screen wants to shatter.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Damage.

20231031_110704.jpg

20231031_110713.jpg

20231031_110716.jpg

20231031_110719.jpg

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Mous are the only cases I will ever use. Dropped my phone coming off a 30' roof and it was fine. The case came apart but the phone was unscathed. I ended up giving that phone to someone and I'm hoping they'll release a case for this sorry ass phone.

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
That's what I have always used! Didn't work for me this time lol

I also have a Note 20 Ultra and have dropped it many times on hard tile and concrete and not even a scratch yet (knock on wood). I don't even use a screen protector, just this case:

Link

61MZsH7SAkL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I haven't upgraded to the S23 yet, as I want the SD functionality, but if/when I do, I am definitely getting their S23 version:

Link

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I also have a Note 20 Ultra and have dropped it many times on hard tile and concrete and not even a scratch yet (knock on wood). I don't even use a screen protector, just this case:

Link

I haven't upgraded to the S23 yet, as I want the SD functionality, but if/when I do, I am definitely getting their S23 version:

Link

I miss the SD capability, but it comes with 512GB internal, which is plenty for me

01yellercobra

Established Member

Link

Link
I had that case for a couple years. The only reason I switched is because it was actually wearing out. The phone would slide around inside the case. I went with a similar design from another manufacturer. I've dropped this phone too many times to count. The last time landed face down and I was sure it was done. It was perfectly fine.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I have a Samsung Galaxy 8. I have ALWAYS been an Android guy. Right before I went to the SG8 my wife gave me her old iPhone to activate. I tried to have everything transferred over.

However, after the phone company activated the iPhone on my account/number I could only receive calls and texts from other iPhone users. No one with an Android could get through to me.

I said to hell with that iPhone S#!T and went and got the SG8. Everything worked fine for me after that.

So, I ran in to an issue when trying to go from Android to iPhone. I'm glad it happened actually. I'm not an iPhone guy LOL.

I have an otter box with no screen protector. SG8 still going strong and zero damage...

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Coulda got an IPhone.

Missed opportunity.

I hate getting new phones so bad, I had an IPhone 7 until this Jan.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
7? Dayum I felt bad trading my 11 in for a 14 a month ago. lol

Users who are viewing this thread