Darwin nominee

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Man Accidentally Killed When Posing As Piñata For Kids

POSTED: 8:27 a.m. EST December 19, 2003
MEXICO CITY -- A 24-year-old Mexican man is dead after reportedly playing a human piñata for some children.

A newspaper, Reforma, said the man was standing on a beam with a rope loosely tied around his neck and ropes tied around his hands and feet.

He was letting his younger brother and sister swing at him with sticks but lost his balance while trying to avoid being hit. He strangled when the rope tightened around his neck.

Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press.

ssssnake

Established Member
OMG! I must be a sick puppy - that's not funny, but I had a good laugh! A definite Darwin Award entry. :uh oh:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by ssssnake
OMG! I must be a sick puppy - that's not funny, but I had a good laugh! A definite Darwin Award entry. :uh oh:
I know whatcha mean Mary...it's almost too stupid to be real. :nonono:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
If I was one of those kids I would have kept smacking his dumbass with one of those sticks.

Darcsun

Established Member
Fark.com had one yesterday about a man who died of thirst in the desert. The fact he had 80 liters of water with him at the time of death... well, there's another darwin winner for ya.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by Darcsun
Fark.com had one yesterday about a man who died of thirst in the desert. The fact he had 80 liters of water with him at the time of death... well, there's another darwin winner for ya.

For some reason I'm betting it was heat stroke and not thirst if it's true to begin with.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by Darcsun

I don't understand:??:

Darcsun

Established Member
A BRITISH tourist who died of dehydration left 80 litres of water when he walked away from his bogged vehicle and into the Great Sandy Desert.

Thomas Henry Sykes, 35, of London, died on Friday at a medical clinic in the remote Aboriginal community of Punmu, in Western Australia.

Mr Sykes had been trying to drive hundreds of kilometres east towards Alice Springs when his hired four-wheel drive became bogged.

The vehicle was found on Thursday, but when Mr Sykes was seen near Punmu on Friday morning, after walking 60km in up to 40C, he was unconscious. He died a short time later in Punmu medical clinic.

Mr Sykes' death, and the rescue of a second British tourist at a remote beach north of Broome on the same day, have prompted calls for greater education about the dangers of outback travel.

http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,8190385^421,00.html

Nope... the guy was a straight up darwin winner.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Yeah but he didn't have it with him, it was still at the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread