DA's effect on FI

rwboring

Established Member
Does anyone have a high DA and low DA timeslip for a supercharged car? I am getting tired of hearing that DA does't matter because "they make their own atmosphere". I understand that it isn't typically as much as N/A but just want something showing a difference.

Riptide

Established Member
It still has a huge effect on trap even with a supercharger. Whoever is telling you otherwise is ignorant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

rwboring

Established Member
IMO it is the same as intake temp... it effects all of us... if you start with bad it doesn't matter if you pressurize it or not, it still gonna be bad...

just like if you start with hot air it is going to be hotter then cold air (even with an intercooler)

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
DA will most certainly make a difference if you do nothing to a fi setup (you will run/trap faster in winter than summer)... but what most people are referring to with the "make their own atmosphere", a s/c or turbo guy has the ability to change the pulley or spool the turbo up and tune accordingly for elevation changes. You have more leeway to take control than a "helpless" NA guy once you move from houston....to denver.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
come one someone has to have slips with two drastically different DA's with the same setup

I have plenty, all from the same track (19' elevation hrp). My 98 strim'd cobra would run 12.1s at 114 in summer (+2500 da) and 11.79 at 118 in winter (-500 da). My 02 c5z bonestock ran 12.2s at 114 summer and 11.9 at 117 winter. Looks pretty close. From what my timeslips showed, you can expect around .3 and 3 mph for every 3000ft change in DA.

Users who are viewing this thread