Dash Lighting

i8urSS

Established Member
The lighting on my dash is atrocious. I can barely see any of my gauges. I was looking at swapping out the gauges, but I didn't know if it is fairly easy to change the bulbs (or whatever lighting) it has.

Any advice is appreciated.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
The lighting on my dash is atrocious. I can barely see any of my gauges. I was looking at swapping out the gauges, but I didn't know if it is fairly easy to change the bulbs (or whatever lighting) it has.

Any advice is appreciated.

Very easy. Remove gauge cluster, replace bulbs with LED bulbs, reinstall cluster.
Most people go with blue or white LEDs. The film on the gauges is a blue color, keep that in mind.

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
I replaced mine with the green led’s from LMR. Just had the local ford service shop swap em out. I think l they look good, will post pictures later tonight.

i8urSS

Established Member
Very easy. Remove gauge cluster, replace bulbs with LED bulbs, reinstall cluster.
Most people go with blue or white LEDs. The film on the gauges is a blue color, keep that in mind.

Thanks for the info. I ended up swapping the stock bulbs for LED over the weekend. Turns out it wasn't very difficult at all. Made a world of difference.

i8urSS

Established Member
I used blue at first and since the background is already blue, it had a weird effect on my eyes. Like trying to look at something in 3-D. So I switched back to white.

You can find the bulbs on Amazon for pretty cheap. Make sure to get T10 and T5. You will need five T10's. Those are the large bulbs and about a dozen T5's for all your warning lights and blinkers and whatnot.

Probably cost about $20 total.

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Sooo in the picture they definitely look aqua. Swear they look green in person.
72a30c1d124b4f8daa6b28c2a1202659.jpg

96mystic#899

Established Member
Pretty simple to do. Did mine years ago.....just get quality led bulbs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread