Dash Swap

Mac06

Established Member
I am looking at changing the color of the interior on my 99 Cobra. While I am at it I want to update the dash and center console to the 01 - 04 configuration.

I have been told that the wire harness from the 01 - 04 model will not hook up to the 99 and that I will have to use the 99 dash wire harness with some splicing to connect up the rear defrost, traction control and fog light buttons in their new location.

Anybody know anything about the compatability of the wiring between the 99 and 01 cobras?

POISND U

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Established Member
I did a full interior swap from the Peanut Butter to a Mach 1 IUP a few months ago. I ended up painting the cluster surround and center consoles just because I didn't want to go splitting wires. I highly recommend you do the same.

Mac06

Established Member
POISND U did you just put the fog light switch in the coin holder hole and leave the traction lock switch on the shifter bezel?

POISND U

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Established Member
POISND U did you just put the fog light switch in the coin holder hole and leave the traction lock switch on the shifter bezel?

Exactly.....:-D

Dude, you're in for one helluva weekend.....:rockon:

dashswap004.gif

dashswap003.gif

dashswap002.gif

dashswap001.gif

dashswap007.gif

dashswap005.gif

decklidandinterior013.gif

decklidandinterior012.gif

decklidandinterior011.gif

decklidandinterior010.gif

decklidandinterior009.gif

Mac06

Established Member
POISND U one other question on the center console rear mount. Did you have to swap this piece out? It looks like the 01-04 rear mounting configuration is different from the 99-00, thanks.

POISND U

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Established Member
POISND U one other question on the center console rear mount. Did you have to swap this piece out? It looks like the 01-04 rear mounting configuration is different from the 99-00, thanks.

Can you be more specific? Are you talking about the armrest area? Can't remember exactly what happened there but that went in fine. Also, there was a plastic section below where the stereo would go that I had break off in pieces with a pair of pliers.

GTSSTANG

Established Member
I would paint the dash before I swapped it out. It is a big project.. I am pretty sure the dash is painted from the factory...

Users who are viewing this thread