Dashpot issues?

forged00

Established Member
I've been doing a lot of research before I posted this, tuning is my weak point. Lol. Test drove my car Saturday for the first time in nine months. It currently idles around 1100 RPMs even though the desired rpms are 800 at open loop (I datalogged with my xcal 4). Whenever you rev it will hang around 1800-1900 and takes a few seconds to drop down. I drove it around the block and while in gear I could let off the clutch and the rpms would climb up on its own to around 2500 rpms without me giving any throttle. I brought it up to around 3000 rpms on a straight road and the rpms hung there at 3000 until I tapped the throttle again. The iac is only a few months old and I've cleaned it multiple times, at idle I have the TPS set to .980, and the throttle body is completely clean. I've read that the "dashpot setting" will cause the rpms to hang like it is, but is there anything else I can look at to know for sure?

Last edited:

lowranger96

Established Member
first off.. stop moving the tps, you do not need to "set" it.
"Disregard the closed throttle TPS voltage value, as long as the closed throttle voltage is between 0.400 volts and 1.500 volts it is acceptable.
The ECU uses the lowest voltage as a relative voltage of 0, so the voltage is irrelivant so long as its within' this range.
Adjusting the TPS to get a closed throttle voltage of 0.99 volts will usually result in faulty idle control." -EFIDYNOTUNING Decipha.

3000rpm is typically what a 100% duty cycle iac will hang the rpm's at.. so if you have replaced the iac with a cheap version, maybe it's still bad? But more likely, your tune probably just needs some work

forged00

Established Member
first off.. stop moving the tps, you do not need to "set" it.
"Disregard the closed throttle TPS voltage value, as long as the closed throttle voltage is between 0.400 volts and 1.500 volts it is acceptable.
The ECU uses the lowest voltage as a relative voltage of 0, so the voltage is irrelivant so long as its within' this range.
Adjusting the TPS to get a closed throttle voltage of 0.99 volts will usually result in faulty idle control." -EFIDYNOTUNING Decipha.

3000rpm is typically what a 100% duty cycle iac will hang the rpm's at.. so if you have replaced the iac with a cheap version, maybe it's still bad? But more likely, your tune probably just needs some work

I'll that you on that and leave the TPS alone lol.
The ABS light did come on though, and it wasn't before. But this doesn't seem anything like an ABS fail safe though. I'm hoping to try and get it dynontuned next week anyway. I missed TX2K last year because the car was down and definitely am not missing it this year.

Users who are viewing this thread