Dasilva Motorsport tuning results

nyerpp

Established Member
Got my car back from Manny at Dasilva Motorsports, car made 582 WHP and 556 lb/tq at 9 psi. Will see how it runs when I get it back on the road later this month, once all the snow is gone. I found out that my SHM 2.3 TVS blower is really a Magnuson unit that has a Sean Hyland sticker on it.
IMG_20170302_190817[1031].jpg

https://www.facebook.com/DasilvaMotorsports/

IMG_20170303_1926461030_zpsrx6bfq28.jpg.html

nyuk98GT

Established Member
nyerpp,

Good numbers. What level of boost was the car dynoed at? And, of course, we'd like to see a pic of your GT. BTW, what's the exchange rate on Canadian RWHP these days? :D

Chris

nyerpp

Established Member
The car was tested at 9 pounds of boost. There is a 1.35 exchange rate on the RWHP, eh. I should also mention the car has an Alky methanol injection kit installed. Drove the car on Monday and what a difference it makes.

Pictures will come when the weather is a little nicer out.

Mike

AWESOM-O

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but curious as to how your SHM supercharger is getting that kind of boost? I have his unit on my coyote and can only seem to get about 3lbs of boost with that massive pulley. Looking at alternatives, but the guy doesn't return phone calls very well.
Thanks in advance.

nyuk98GT

Established Member
AWESOM-O,

Not boosted so I am just offering free advice (and you know what that is worth, lol).

If you have reduced the pressure drop through the intake (bigger MAF tube, bigger intake (CJ, for example), P&P heads, then the pressure will be lower. That is, less pressure is lost (to friction) getting the intake volume flow into the engine. This is a good thing. A far out issue could be an undersized crank pulley but that's not a common reason (not sure why someone would do that on a s/c car).

HTH,

Chris

AWESOM-O

Chris,
I'll take your advice and appreciate the response! I have forwarded your post to the tuner and will await their response. I'll keep you posted.

nyuk98GT

Established Member
AWESOM-O,

Happy to pitch in.

I overlooked an obvious thing: a gauge that is not working well or a leaking in the tubing to the gauge. If you have a low-range tire gauge, you could check the pressure that way.

Please post an update when you get it sorted out, please.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread