Data logging HELP!!!

dhenderson67

Boss
Established Member
Hope I am not digging up something that has already been answered. 2012 Boss trying to data log the normal stuff for a tune and can't get Short term fuel to read :shrug: If I only log say... long term, spark and short term it works fine. If I add any more pid's short term just gives me the one finger salute :fm: HELP!!!

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I don't understand you question. so first things:
1. what are you using to datalog?
2. by another STFT do you mean you can only log one bank at a time?
3. you need not datalog LTFT as that's adaptive learning so if you're tuning that should be turned off anyways.

dhenderson67

Boss
Established Member
I don't understand you question. so first things:
1. what are you using to datalog?
2. by another STFT do you mean you can only log one bank at a time?
3. you need not datalog LTFT as that's adaptive learning so if you're tuning that should be turned off anyways.

SCT livelinkII, if I choice more then lets just say 5 pid's STFT won't read either banks. Last night I did MAF freq, spark, rpm and STFT and it worked fine. As soon as I added another pid short term stopped reading :shrug:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
SCT livelinkII, if I choice more then lets just say 5 pid's STFT won't read either banks. Last night I did MAF freq, spark, rpm and STFT and it worked fine. As soon as I added another pid short term stopped reading :shrug:

are you using the updated v6.5 livelink? I've never heard of livelinkII. you should be able to datalog up to 21 PID's when using livelink. I say download v6.5 and try again.

dhenderson67

Boss
Established Member
are you using the updated v6.5 livelink? I've never heard of livelinkII. you should be able to datalog up to 21 PID's when using livelink. I say download v6.5 and try again.

I was thinking on just reloading the laptop... so you think just uninstall and then reinstall from SCT will work. Using the latest verison from SCT site, thought the icon read livelinkII.

dhenderson67

Boss
Established Member
Like I said, I couldn't get it to work either. It would connect to the vehicle and X3, but the screen on the X3 would go blank and never return to the main menu. I could pick the PID's I wanted but no data.

6.5 worked... hell it could be my laptop or the guy on the other end :pop: Anyway I logged sucessfully last night. Thanks again for all the help :beer:

E.Marquez

Established Member
How to get 6.5?
Im on the SCT support site, I choose my flash device (X3), enter my SER# and the only version of LiveLink I am offered to download is LiveLink GENII

EDIT: Disregard, a google search, linked me back to the SCT site, and the 6.5 LiveLink file.

Last edited:

dhenderson67

Boss
Established Member
How to get 6.5?
Im on the SCT support site, I choose my flash device (X3), enter my SER# and the only version of LiveLink I am offered to download is LiveLink GENII

EDIT: Disregard, a google search, linked me back to the SCT site, and the 6.5 LiveLink file.

Yep that's how I found it... not as user friendly but it works :beer:

E.Marquez

Established Member
So after using both, I like the GEN II better, and neither will read the PID I am looking at.
(Air intake temp)

So it's either not supported on my 2007 GT500, or I have an issue to fix.

Users who are viewing this thread