Data logging pids

bmyles

Established Member
Hey guys , I was doing some logs yesterday but got kinda confused with what pods to use. I have my old list from when I did the initial blower install , but which ones should a guy use say for his own use. I want just the basics to ensure my car is doing what it's supposed to. Thanks

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I would say: STFT's both banks, LTFT's both banks, Measured A/F's both banks, Knock sensor, Throttle position, Actual throttle angle, MAF frequency, Timing advance, RPM, and speed.

Then if you have any issues, you can change pids for that specific issue.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
You should ask your tuner what specifically to watch for a/f and timing wise. All tuners do things a little differently. One may use a touch leaner mixture with a little less timing, and another may use a touch richer with a little more timing. Both may create the same power, but you'd have to ask them what to watch for.

Heck, some tooners use a touch leaner mixture with a little more timing to make cool engine noises... lol

5.0jake

Established Member
Zero knock activity with negative number values at wot throughout is optimal from my understanding.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Zero knock activity with negative number values at wot throughout is optimal from my understanding.

Ya, negative knock #'s are a good thing. Still, should ask to watch for to be safe. My car was still adding 2* of timing from 7300-up even though I was running out of injector and going lean.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
That's a good start. Was it -4 the whole pull? Now just confirm your A/F's are in check :) Just look at the STFT's close to redline and make sure they aren't jumping up at the end. That's a sign that your fuel system can't keep up with what the tuner is requesting.

SryOfcr

Established Member
I always log:

RPM
Knock
Spark
Spark V2
Maf lb/min
Maf Frequency
Load as a fraction
Actual Throttle Angle
Intake Air Temp