DataLog Canned Tuned Question

OmahaStang

Established Member
Yes this is a NOOB question but need some assistance.

I plan on purchasing either the xcal2 or xcal3 in a couple of months and will be installing a 2.93 pulley.

I plan on purchasing the xcal from a vendor on here and get a 'canned' tune. Since my car isn't going to be radical I feel the canned tune will hopefully work out perfectly but still plan to check A/F at a local import shops dyno.

I would like to send the results to the 'vendor' to verify the tune is set up correctly and if any changes are needed I can receive them and upload them to the xcal3. If I ask the import shop to 'datalog' the run would they know what I'm refering to? Would I have to supply the computer/laptop? Or can a dyno shop 'record' the facts (HP/TQ/AF/etc.) and then email them to me?

I just want to have my ducks in a row prior to jumping to the pulley/tune swap.

dredg9

Established Member
youd need your own laptop with the livelink software to datalog. You would also want a wideband for the most accurate a/f readings.

OmahaStang

Established Member
unless the shop uses SCT..then they can log it all

Is this basically saying, IF the shop uses SCT they can log everything?

The shop is local and does have access to obtain the A/F ration I'm just not sure how they are obtaining it. I'll give the shop a call and see what they say..

Users who are viewing this thread