Datalogging a/f w/sct3 & mtx-l

pmac231

Established Member
Having trouble getting a/f to show in Livelink. I have a 6 pin 1394 FireWire cable. I have the orange wire on the fw cable connected to the yellow analog output from the mtx-l. I have the blue wire on the fw cable connected to a ground under the dash. I have formula for the Livelink analog inputs set to be the same as the lc1. Analog 1&2 in Livelink only show 7.35. So it's not getting anything from the mtx-l.
Am I missing something? I was doing my connections based on the pics I saw 03cobra#694 post.

Thanks
Paul

Soap

Established Member
You can not just hook up based on the color of the wire. Not all IEEE cables are the same. You need to verify the pins with a meter and go from there.

Also do not use chassis grounds, run the ground back to the battery.

--Joe

pmac231

Established Member
IMG_0022.JPG

Ok, so based on this picture I connect pin 3 to the yellow output on wb and ground pin 4 at the battery, after verifying the colours of course?

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Yeah he is right. When i did mine the colors weren the same as that chart. I had to use a meter to find the right color for that pin.

bigwave

Established Member
I'm looking at adding a wideband to my sctx4 tuner for my 2003 cobra. I figured SCT would make a direct hookup but if wiring myself saves a few bucks I'm all over it.

Users who are viewing this thread