"Datta logging" with a Predator. Shit don't make sense!

Devin Harvey

Established Member
First off I'm new to the Termi thing. My cars stock except a 2.93 pulley C&L MAF housing and accurate tb. I was messing around tonight doing some highway pulls with some friends and was Datta logging with a predator. Some stuff looked different then what I'd expect and thought I'd see what you guys thought. First, IAT. Ambient tonight was 82°. Cruising in 6th my IAT was about 100 give or take. I'd do several pulls and as I would the IAT would drop. At one point it dropped to 90°. The longer I went the more it dropped. I'm doing a max of 13.5psi btw. That seems backwards. Now when I let off I'd get the heat spike that I've herd of. Maybe 104-106°. Nothing crazy. Second, spark advance. Max I ever see at WOT, is 16. Period. I've tried changing it in the predator and still only 16. I was figuring 21 or so but nope. That seems low right? Third, MAF V. I'm getting a big 0.00V. So I'm thinking wtf. I pull over at a gas station and it's plugged in. I unplug it the car dies. I plug it back in (all real quickly) and it stays running. There's no light or code for MAF or anything for that matter so I wonder if it's not working or if the predator isn't logging for some reason? Let me know what you think. Car runs good and smooth. But I kinda feel like it's slower than it should be. I'm constantly being beat by nearly completely stock 5.0's. Like cat back or x pipe cars. Even at the drag strip. I beat them out the hole, but half track they come around me. And roll racing on the highway I might get a small jump on them but they start pulling me. Does that sound right? Thanks!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
If your real new to these cars you have a lot to learn. Your probably heat soaking the crap out of the blower! Are you letting it cool down before more runs? If not the ecu is pulling timing, which translates to a lot less power. You might also be looking at the wrong iat temp, which could be the air coming into the intake, NOT post intercooler! Charge temp or iat2 is what you want to look at.

The air makes a big difference in these cars. If the dew point and humidity are high, your car will be slower.

Devin Harvey

Established Member
I'm not completely new. Just never owned a termi before. First yes. The car was heat soaked bad. While at the strip the IAT was at one point 158° and at idle before staging hovered around 115-125°. So I know it was heat soaked on that trip. As for last night. No, those IAT were from number 2. The predator doesn't have an option to log the pre blower IAT. Or not that I've seen anyways. Thanks!

racebronco2

Established Member
You are datalogging the wrong IAT. If it is true then you have the coolest running blower ever.
You are also datalogging the wrong PID for the maf counts.
You high ait2 is what is pulling the timing at wot.

Users who are viewing this thread