Daytona with NASA-SE Nov 1&2

tomsgarage

Established Member
Going to cross one off the "Bucket List" and run Daytona with NASA-SE! I will be running in DE-2 Group and would like some input as to what I need to do different in car prep for running this track. Having run at various tracks across the Southeast (CMP, VIR, Road Atlanta) the last 10 years I have the basics down, just need to know what your suggestions would be to prep for this track?

Anyone else gonna be there?

NGO

Established Member
Signed up for this special event as soon as registration opened up :)

Never have ran there so I really don't know what to expect. Wondering if tire pressure adjustments are needed on the right front due to the banking? Being in 5th for long periods of time worries me as well. I will probably just watch my boost gage and find a comfortable number not WOT.

Should be good temps. Will have to look you up and say Hi.

tomsgarage

Established Member
Signed up for this special event as soon as registration opened up :)

Never have ran there so I really don't know what to expect. Wondering if tire pressure adjustments are needed on the right front due to the banking? Being in 5th for long periods of time worries me as well. I will probably just watch my boost gage and find a comfortable number not WOT.

Should be good temps. Will have to look you up and say Hi.

Defintely will look you up and good to know that another Terminator will be there! What group are you running in?

I am more worried about oil starvation due to the banking, thoughts? You are right about being in fifth and staying off maximum boost, thats what I am going to do also.

WPBcobra

Established Member
Ill be there racing AI. I have been there a few time with a 03 cobra and a 97 cobra.
As far as tire pressure they will be alittle high at the start of ur session compare to other tracks and your right side alittle higher than your left side
Never had any problems with oil starvation in any of my car or any of my buddies cars there.

NGO

Established Member
I will be running in DE-3.

As far as oil starvation I will be running close to 7 quarts never really thought about what happens to the oil on the high banks lol I worry more about it in the corners. But I trust what Carmine offers up.

Gotta get thru Sebring in October first without any issues. Just got divorced. At least I made it out with my Cobra .

Limited funds for a recovery for Daytona except for brake pads .

Users who are viewing this thread