Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Evo

Votes: 23 51.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
So I got the Cobra paid off in January and I need a new DD. Its between a mildly used Civic or something like that, a F-250 with the dreaded 6.0 lol or 2500 Cummins and a new player on the court , Evo.

Cars for Sale: 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution in Burlington, WI 53105: Sedan Details - 288920653 - AutoTrader.com

Now unless I got like a cheaper car I really couldn't do my twin-screw I've been saving for, which is something I thought about. But I guess i could do a port/pulley instead. Idk, just curious what you guys think! Gonna look at that Evo tonight. I've always had a soft spot for them lol

wjk

Established Member
So I got the Cobra paid off in January and I need a new DD. Its between a mildly used Civic or something like that, a F-250 with the dreaded 6.0 lol or 2500 Cummins and a new player on the court , Evo.

Cars for Sale: 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution in Burlington, WI 53105: Sedan Details - 288920653 - AutoTrader.com

Now unless I got like a cheaper car I really couldn't do my twin-screw I've been saving for, which is something I thought about. But I guess i could do a port/pulley instead. Idk, just curious what you guys think! Gonna look at that Evo tonight. I've always had a soft spot for them lol

I'd go diesel, but I would avoid the powerstroke. Trust me when I say, they have TONS of problems. Look at any diesel forum and they will tell you.

I'd personally go duramax though as they can very easily be tuned for significant power gains. Look them up on youtube, many of them are running 12's-13's with just a tuner.

16kOrBust

Established Member
What are you looking for in a daily driver? Those options are all over the board. Most people have a specific purpose for their daily driver, such as "I need good gas mileage for commuting" (Civic) or "I need to haul stuff" (truck) or "I need something for the snow but still want it to be fun" (Evo).

BAD351W

Established Member
Find a nice 7.3 Powerstroke. They are reliable as they come, have good power/torque, and relatively inexpensive compared to 6.0's or, 5.9's.

yellowbra

Established Member
What are you looking for in a daily driver? Those options are all over the board. Most people have a specific purpose for their daily driver, such as "I need good gas mileage for commuting" (Civic) or "I need to haul stuff" (truck) or "I need something for the snow but still want it to be fun" (Evo).

I'm with this guy. We need to find out more information of what your looking for so that we may suggest the best option for you.

Oh and if you are looking for a used car/truck I will be able to help you. I sell used/new vehicles. I haven't met you yet but I know you know Ryan and Chad. Let me know

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member

You basically hit it on the nose with the Evo. The truck would really just be a want. I would prolly never fully use the diesel for what it's made for, I just always wanted one. Civic is just the cheapest, prolly smartest financially but def not too worried about gas mpg. I've been driving a pos 250 with the 5.8l for the past 3 years, which gets maybe 150 miles to 16 gallons. She's pretty worn out lol.

I'll look online for some 7.3s or Dmax's as well but you pretty much just put the Evo in the front running

yellowbra

Established Member
You basically hit it on the nose with the Evo. The truck would really just be a want. I would prolly never fully use the diesel for what it's made for, I just always wanted one. Civic is just the cheapest, prolly smartest financially but def not too worried about gas mpg. I've been driving a pos 250 with the 5.8l for the past 3 years, which gets maybe 150 miles to 16 gallons. She's pretty worn out lol.

I'll look online for some 7.3s or Dmax's as well but you pretty much just put the Evo in the front running

Let me know what you think of the EVO. I have a nice used Civic at my Mitsubishi dealer.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Evos are a good choice.
I have a ralliart (evo X's little brother) and it is an excellent dd in the snow and summer

NCsuperduty

Established Member
I'd go diesel, but I would avoid the powerstroke. Trust me when I say, they have TONS of problems. Look at any diesel forum and they will tell you.

I'd personally go duramax though as they can very easily be tuned for significant power gains. Look them up on youtube, many of them are running 12's-13's with just a tuner.

Oh man, go to any dmax or cummins diesel forum, the problems are across the board. Dodge diesel auto tranny's are absolute garbage, Dmax's have tons of cooling problems and fuel issues, etc. And yes, the 7.3 is a great motor, but it's legend is over hyped. The last year of the 7.3 (2003-2003.5) had more engine related recalls than the first 2 years of the 6.0. The assumption that diesels are supposed to get great gas mileage and run forever with no upkeep is a myth. And that's big-3 wide. I own a 6.0 with 150,000+miles that has given me zero issues, and my buddy has an 07 6.0 with 45,000 that has driven him close to suicide. Diesels are susceptible to problems, they need to be worked very hard, and these emissions changes every year and a half aren't helping the manufacturers settle into an engine design.

Kannif

I'm that guy!
Established Member

Most of the forums show the negatives because the rest of the people are out enjoying theirs. The 6.0 has it's flaws as does any other diesel. The 6.0 needs a coolant flush to remove the silicates and run Cat ELC, monitor fuel like every other diesel and go play. Dmax has harness and injector issues pretty common and the cummins does as well with the CRD 03+.

Find a nice 7.3 Powerstroke. They are reliable as they come, have good power/torque, and relatively inexpensive compared to 6.0's or, 5.9's.

If you're are ok with a lower HP & TQ diesel, the 7.3l is a tank under the hood as i Have owned one and have a 6.0 dually now.

Oh man, go to any dmax or cummins diesel forum, the problems are across the board. Dodge diesel auto tranny's are absolute garbage, Dmax's have tons of cooling problems and fuel issues, etc. And yes, the 7.3 is a great motor, but it's legend is over hyped. The last year of the 7.3 (2003-2003.5) had more engine related recalls than the first 2 years of the 6.0. The assumption that diesels are supposed to get great gas mileage and run forever with no upkeep is a myth. And that's big-3 wide. I own a 6.0 with 150,000+miles that has given me zero issues, and my buddy has an 07 6.0 with 45,000 that has driven him close to suicide. Diesels are susceptible to problems, they need to be worked very hard, and these emissions changes every year and a half aren't helping the manufacturers settle into an engine design.

Well said :beer:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member

:dw:

wjk

Established Member
Heres an article where they compare a 2009 Duramax w/ ONLY a programmer and a 2010 Camaro SS. Keep in mind the 6.6L Duramax in the 09 is pretty much the same engine all the way down to 2001. They made slight modifications, but they all have the potential for serious power with just a tuner. This is why I would prefer a Duramax to one of the other trucks. It takes a lot more work to make the Dodges and Fords this quick.

Chevy Silverado Vs. Chevy Camaro - Duramax Diesel - Diesel Power Magazine

g00se

I am Second
Established Member
Dad has a F350 6.0 coming up on 50,000 miles and no problems at all. Put a tune on it at 20,000 miles, gets 15mpg, and you dump clouds of black smoke on tail gaters on command:banana:

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member

So are you saying stay away completely from one or get what you want cause it can go either way? I understand what your saying cause I knew someone in the same situation with a no problem 6.0 and other guys was down constantly. My dads 95 7.3l has 395k on it which is impressive.

Test drove the Evo. It def has intake, full exhaust, bov, some rust under the hood which I thought was strange for a car with 37k, other stuff idk was too dark. It drove alright but the clutch is either going out or it's aftermarket. No chatter. As I let it out it come come come cone then it'd catch at the last possible second. Maybe I'm just used to the Cobras cake clutch? Idk. It'd make a small grind everytime I went into 5th. Sounded good though. The salesman said only thing aftermarket was the deck... Lol. Idk I'll see. A , from what sounded like, die hard Evo guy was coming in after me so if it's legit I imagine he'd buy it. We'll see

03cobrah

Established Member
i vote evo mostly because your from Wisconsin where i'm assuming there's a ass load of snow there. i didn't vote the truck because not a lot of people use them for what they're intended for plus the mpg is shitty compared to the evo.

Users who are viewing this thread