DDM HID issues....

BlownCobra32v

Kickin' back
Established Member
Well I bought the 9007 hi-lo headlights & H10 fogs from DDM, well my passenger side fog worked for about 2hrs now it won't come on?At first when the initially plugged everything in there was a reversed polarity issue with both fogs, rotated the plug 180* and everything worked great.Drove around for roughly 2 hours last night, get home and passsenger side fog doesn't work. Unplugged it,plugged back in both ways....nothing, I can hear the ballast powering up but light won't kick on.

needless to say I'm gonna contact them tomorrow, unfortunately it took them 2 weeks to ship my order the first time :bored: :fm:

BlownCobra32v

Kickin' back
Established Member
Well I believe the ballast went bad (in 2hrs), I swapped the bulb from pass. side to the driver side and it still worked.Then I swapped ballasts from pass to driver and the driver side stopped working.

Damn a ballast can burn up in 2hrs? Is this a wirng issue?

Vette Eater

Established Member
Yes, I sell HID's locally and it seems one in about every 100, the ballast just takes a dump just after its installed...some a couple of hours, some a couple of days. Seems you were one of the unlucky few, but DDM is good about their warranties. It's a hassle, but they'll take care of you I'm sure

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Yes, Ive had to send 1 back myself off my truck, and DDM was fairly quicl in getting me a new one. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread