De tuning my truck back to near stock... CRY!!!!

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
Well i have come to the decision that my truck is just not going to be what i need.... and I am still making a $460 a month payment on it so im too scared to even push it...

SO since the cam timing slipped or a chain tensioner failed the motor is going to come out and the heads are going to get swapped for stock heads with stock cams... :cry:

Goign to leave the 5# lower and Ported eaton on, and still install the MAFia, and 255 lph pumps. Will probably take the JLP long bars off and raise the rear end 1 notch on the Shackles.

Truck is going to get tuned down to about 400 RWHP if possible and enjoyed for a few more months and then it will probably be for sale...

BUT ill be back in several years... i love these trucks too much to never own one again...

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
sorry to hear brother :(
However you do realize once you sell it you are going to kick yourself in the ass major.
however..if you sell your tails..I want em and will trade my 04 stockers+cash for em :D

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
sorry to hear brother :(
However you do realize once you sell it you are going to kick yourself in the ass major.
however..if you sell your tails..I want em and will trade my 04 stockers+cash for em :D

yeah i would probably pay off debt quickly and get something else as a toy (i.e. a low miles 05 Mustang GT...)

amacvey

Established Member
sorry to hear that man. well atleast you'll have it for a bit longer so you can do a few runs at irwindale still haha.

on a side note, if you are interested in selling the long bars...

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
sorry to hear that man. well atleast you'll have it for a bit longer so you can do a few runs at irwindale still haha.

on a side note, if you are interested in selling the long bars...

yeha i plan to make 2-3 passes on it when its tuned down...

Ill be back at the dale 6 months after though in a new whip...

got my eye on a 5 speed 05 + Mustang GT... better mileage and easy to get into the 12s under warranty...

so we will see...

i hope to be able to pick up a worn out Gen II L in several years and breathe new life into it... (fully built from the start!)

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
Are you gonna sell the heads or trade them for stockers + some cash?

I will probably sell the heads, i have gasket matched stock heads on the truck now, and can get a set of PI heads and cams froma friend for cheap if i need to replace the heads...

so yeah the heads will probably be for sale soon...

ill make a thread probably in a week or two after i get the motor out and sort through the cam timing issue... but so far i think i will sell the heads and cams for sure....

My tuner says he might want to buy off everything i have but we will see...

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
i've got some regular f150 heads if anyone needs them on the trade. $15 and their yours.

yes i just hijacked the thread.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Damn Jay, you're demodding while I'm upmodding! My WMS Wicked Engine longblock was shipped out yesterday. It should arrive either this Saturday or Monday.

Sorry to hear you're throwing in the towel. Seem's like a lot of guys are doing that. :(

Both of my kids are already arguing/joking over who get's my L when I'm dead and gone, so you can see I'm a lifer when it comes to these trucks!

Dang dude, it's been a few years since you, me, and Brandon were the only L's in Wildhorses. I sure never thought you'd end up selling it.

Stewart

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
Damn Jay, you're demodding while I'm upmodding! My WMS Wicked Engine longblock was shipped out yesterday. It should arrive either this Saturday or Monday.

Sorry to hear you're throwing in the towel. Seem's like a lot of guys are doing that. :(

Both of my kids are already arguing/joking over who get's my L when I'm dead and gone, so you can see I'm a lifer when it comes to these trucks!

Dang dude, it's been a few years since you, me, and Brandon were the only L's in Wildhorses. I sure never thought you'd end up selling it.

Stewart

yeah i need to get a house, and i cant do that with this truck... its too much money...

Ill get one in about 5-6 years... after the new mustang is paid off, and after the PSD is paid off and the house is bought...

already told the wife WHEN i get another Gen II it will be a collection car...

Users who are viewing this thread