Dead Battery at Dealer???

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
First of all - love the Cobra and thank Ford for having the guts to put out an advertised 390 HP car.

I took my 03 in to the dealer today to get some of the usual things checked out such as:

Rear-end thud/clunk (if Ford says this is not a problem then I just want to know exactly what pieces are banging together to cause this - if it's just driveline lash - how can that not be a problem in the long run)
Rear area pop when turning on incline (of course they couldn't replicate),
Double sided-tape sticking out from spoiler, and
Wind noise in both windows (they tried to tell me its the SC - not!)

None of the above items had been addressed when I went to pick up the vehicle (body shop guy was kind enough to come out and fix the tape under the spoiler) but that is another story.

I had to move the car to let someone out of the garage area and the car barely turned over. I opened the hood and the positive terminal cover was in the open position and the siteglass was orange (dead). My radio stations were still set but the clock was 1.5 hours behind. The car would not start again - battery was dead. Car has less than 3K miles - no mods.

To the point - none of the items I wanted looked at required the battery be disconnected. I'm not that knowledgable about car computers but is there something they could be trying to hide by disconnecting the battery and resetting the computer. 3-4 miles had been put on the car.

I got with the service manager and they are going to try to find out what happened and of course address my intial concerns above.

rmoreau

Established Member
:(

Pretty much the only way to drain the battery that bad is to leave the key in the ignition and in the "on" position, or the "ACC" position, like listening to the radio.

just recharge it, it will be fine. Dealer prolly just didnt turn it off all the way when he came into the service bay.

Randy

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Originally posted by KOTH
First of all - love the Cobra and thank Ford for having the guts to put out an advertised 390 HP car.

I took my 03 in to the dealer today to get some of the usual things checked out such as:

Rear-end thud/clunk (if Ford says this is not a problem then I just want to know exactly what pieces are banging together to cause this - if it's just driveline lash - how can that not be a problem in the long run)
Rear area pop when turning on incline (of course they couldn't replicate),
Double sided-tape sticking out from spoiler, and
Wind noise in both windows (they tried to tell me its the SC - not!)

Man, what the hell... My car has the rear end thunk and the pop when turning on incline...

I am just too afraid to take it to the dealers here... They are REAL boneheads...

Users who are viewing this thread