Deal or no deal?

Majck123

Established Member
So my plans for my cobra are to Posi port the blower and plenum, while the blower is off I'd like to paint it black. As well as the port I'd add a 40a BAP and possibly injectors.

So today I got offered a black Posi ported black blower with ported plenum as well as a 40a BAP and 55lb injectors. The guy wants $1550 for all that, he said he'd take $1350 without injectors and he'd even help me take mine off and install the new one. So what do you guys think of his price?

He also did mention trading my stocks and some cash but I still need to ask how much he'd want if we traded.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Doesn't hurt to see how much he would offer towards a trade. If you don't like the number hang on to it and sell it later

Majck123

Established Member
Ok if I trade my blower w/2.8 and plenum he'll sell me everything for $1100. I think I'm going to take it

T800

Established Member
Screw that. A Posi port is what...$500? He wants another $600 for used injectors and a BAP + your whole setup? That guy is high.

Man, just keep an eye on the Market section...there's been a ton of Posi Ported Eatons on there lately. You can get Brian to sell you a new one for $500, get a BAP(bought mine off the Market for $160), then try to get a set of injectors. Even if you bought everything brand new it would only be around $1150(and thats for 80lb injectors).

I don't see the sense in the ported plenum/TB...but even then its only another $125 to have Brian do it.

Am I missing something? I just don't see the deal.

Last edited:

gabe1530

Banned
agreed, horrible deal. buying everything yourself new would be cheaper.
i would keep an eye on the market section and even post up wanted to buy threads.

Majck123

Established Member
Yeah I just looked at everything again and it's right around 600 to do my blower with plenum then around 200 for BAP and the cheapest I found injectors for was 400? So right there I'm around 1200 but I could sell my blower for around 400. I'm gonna pass on it unless I can talk him down

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
I've got at Steg stage 4 that I'd sell for $450 shipped, it's got a 2.65 upper on it now, made 508/507 at the wheels with that upper only in about 85 degree weather. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

T800

Established Member
You are going to need a MAF before you need injectors.
Definitely yes to the BAP, where ever you decide to buy it, you will need it.

This. Some guys can get away with the stock injectors(ask Brian @Posi)...but you WILL need a MAF. Boom...you just saved $200 :)

Users who are viewing this thread