Dealer cant replicate 1-2 grind

CashMoneyKC

Established Member
I took the shelby in today and they told me they took it up to redline and shifted and it did not have one problem. They said I need to make sure that I put clutch in all the way ..(well duh I always do)....I told them all my cars have been high performance and that none of them have ever done this. They said okay.......SO NOW WHAT DO I DO???
maybe me drive it for them and show them ??

Sorry about bringing up this shift grind issue again ...I know alot of people bring it up....but its happening to me now and I need help......these cars should not be doing this.

thanks

denman

Established Member
I noticed that from 1st to 2nd I have no problem at all...ever...no matter how hard I dog it. From 2nd to 3rd, if I'm the least bit soft with the clutch pedal or dont hammer it into gear, I get a grind.

I've seen a lot of guys recommend the MGW shifter as a solution. Seems kind of sheesh-y to me to have to spend that extra dough make a new car shift properly though

Last edited:

backinastang

Established Member
I had mine rebuilt and it still grinds if i shift too quickly at high rpms. I had to drive it for the shop foreman. They replaced 1,2 and 3 syncro and it seemed better until I got comfortable and started shifting faster. I could shift so fast in my 2011 GT that I never had to take the foot off the gas. Those days are done. I've learned to let the gas off and wait until my foot has clearly hit the bottom. It slows the shift. Also, pull slightly toward you. Finally, I think it might be a slave cylinder issue but who knows. On many a day I've thoought why did I sell a perfectly good GT when I could have modded it.

Last edited:

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
I took the shelby in today and they told me they took it up to redline and shifted and it did not have one problem. They said I need to make sure that I put clutch in all the way ..(well duh I always do)....I told them all my cars have been high performance and that none of them have ever done this. They said okay.......SO NOW WHAT DO I DO???
maybe me drive it for them and show them ??

Sorry about bringing up this shift grind issue again ...I know alot of people bring it up....but its happening to me now and I need help......these cars should not be doing this.

thanks

Take the service manager with you on a test drive and prove it to them. I'm fighting to get mine fixed as well.

Users who are viewing this thread