DEALER FRUSTRATIONS!!!

key

Established Member
Yeah, I'm still coming. I think I mentioned it to Hamilton when I saw him at the track.

Are you free next Sat. Hamilton? I don't think we're spending the night. It should be fun!

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Re: Re: Jim O'Neal Ford

Originally posted by key
A "nice patch"? Todd, you must give me a ride in that beast! I'd have to really drop it in 3rd to get something like that.

Well geez, you have 4.10's! I'd think it would be a lot easier for you to do it than me or Todd with our 3.27's.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by key
Are you free next Sat. Hamilton? I don't think we're spending the night. It should be fun!

Sorry man, U of L's homecoming game. Otherwise I would. hopefully I have my car back by then.

key

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Jim O'Neal Ford

Originally posted by quick01snake
Well geez, you have 4.10's! I'd think it would be a lot easier for you to do it than me or Todd with our 3.27's.

Well, as I've said before, I'm still learning! Saturday I took my girlfiend's dad (and her uncle) for a ride... Got it up to about 4k in 2nd, smashed the gas, went for third and missed it completely! :xpl:

That's the most embarrassed I've ever been in a car. It was horrible.

That's alright about Sat. I'll try to let you know when the next event comes up.

See ya,
Zach

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Jim O'Neal Ford

Originally posted by key

like i said to you before, getting the shifting to be second nature should be the very first step. at least with the pro 5.0, the car is a little more forgiving of errors while learning, huh?

snake1

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jim O'Neal Ford

Originally posted by key

Well, as I've said before, I'm still learning! Saturday I took my girlfiend's dad (and her uncle) for a ride... Got it up to about 4k in 2nd, smashed the gas, went for third and missed it completely! :xpl:

When showing off with people in the car, you're bound to screw up somehow. It happens to the best of us sooner or later.

On the 2-3 shift, pull your elbow into (or close to) your right side, and use the palm of your hand to throw the shifter at the middle of the radio. Don't try to push up and over. A good aftermarket shifter, with stronger centering springs and stop bolts, makes this easier to do really quickly, but you can do it well in a stock 01, too, if you practice. The 01 TR3650 has a closer pattern compared to the 96-99 T45, and the stock shifter is better as well. Just don't jam 3rd *too* hard or *too* fast with the stock shifter, and you'll never miss it again (assuming your left foot is cooperating).

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jim O'Neal Ford

Originally posted by johnboy00

When showing off with people in the car, you're bound to screw up somehow. It happens to the best of us sooner or later.

On the 2-3 shift, pull your elbow into (or close to) your right side, and use the palm of your hand to throw the shifter at the middle of the radio. Don't try to push up and over. A good aftermarket shifter, with stronger centering springs and stop bolts, makes this easier to do really quickly, but you can do it well in a stock 01, too, if you practice. The 01 TR3650 has a closer pattern compared to the 96-99 T45, and the stock shifter is better as well. Just don't jam 3rd *too* hard or *too* fast with the stock shifter, and you'll never miss it again (assuming your left foot is cooperating).

EXACTLY!!! I just couldn't put it into words Zach.

key

Established Member
Yeah, everyone does it, but that doesn't make you feel any better when it happens :block:

Hamilton, my uncle just mailed me and said the club is probably having a Dyno day January 1st somewhere over in Louisville. It's a Mustang dyno, though.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by key

Hamilton, my uncle just mailed me and said the club is probably having a Dyno day January 1st somewhere over in Louisville. It's a Mustang dyno, though.

oh well it would be nice to see my power curve graphed out though.

key

Established Member
There is a guy named Steve Hill that has a DynoJet in Louisville. You could always go there. Personally, I'd rather use a DynoJet, that way I could compare it to everyone else.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by key
There is a guy named Steve Hill that has a DynoJet in Louisville. You could always go there. Personally, I'd rather use a DynoJet, that way I could compare it to everyone else.

do you know how i could contact him? let me know, we could run ours side by side, i'd love to see what the '99 was puttin out also.

Users who are viewing this thread