Dealer Installed FRPP or other aftermarket goodies at time of purchase

Volstang

Established Member
Who all has had the dealer install some goodies at the time of sale? What did have installed? When I purchase my new Mustang I want to have LCAs, 3rd link at a minimum and hopefully Boss intake, springs, and GT500 mufflers. One local dealer said they would install Roush LCAs instead of the Ford Racing pieces. Not sure how much they will negotiate on these aftermarket items and what I can expect to pay for installation. I know it may cost a bit more. I am eligible for X plan pricing so that along with any rebates will help offset the cost of my aftermarket toys. My reason for doing it this way is 1)Warranty 2)Don't want to fight with wife over spending money on my new toy 3)I want it all now! Thanks for your anticipated feedback.

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
I had the dealer install my procal tuner , don't know how they will warranty the boss intake as it would require specific tuning maybe they can set the procal up for the boss intake ?? , I'm sure the suspension parts would be no problem and dealerships usually charge $85-$125 an hour for labor depending on your area , maybe they would cut you a break because your buying the car from them ?? Either way I would get it in writing exactly what your warranty is before you do anything

Volstang

Established Member
I was told by a local dealership that they would warranty items in the FRPP catalog that have a CARB cert. I will get clarification on the Boss intake. I will also get it in writing! I don't want any issues if I go for service and they tell me my warranty is void. I will make sure it is all documented. Still curious who has already been down this road and to what extent.

Volstang

Established Member
Just got off the phone with a local dealership and they told me that they will install the Boss intake for $730, parts, labor, and tune and it WILL be covered under the warranty. They said anything they add will be added to the carfax and tracked by the VIN so any dealer I go to for service will see that the parts were dealer installed and covered under warranty. Probably can haggle the price some, but that wasn't the point of the conversation at this point. They will also add Roush LCAs and 3rd link (they are a Roush dealer), shifter and GT500 mufflers that I asked about as well. Only thing he was not sure about was them being able to disable the skip shift "feature". When I pull the trigger on my new Mustang I will have these things added before taking delivery. Then when someone asks me what I did to it I can say with a straight face that it is exactly like it was when I took delivery of it! :)

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
2013s dont have skip shift feature and just buy the barton bracket for the shifter, saves money and is proven.

Users who are viewing this thread