Dealer just called about my 03.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
My dealer just called and he said they called Ford and that there was not a hold on my Cobra. I know mine was built because I called VOPC. They also told me a 5/20 delivery. The dealer said it should show up any day now.

I think what people need to realize is that there is a lot of misinformation out there and I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock what anybody including a dealer says. Personally, I doubt my car will be here even next week. There are two things for sure. There is nothing we can do about the delivery and it won't get here until it gets here. I'm goint to sit back, be patient and enjoy the long Memorial Day weekend and hope I get a call next week informing me of a 6/3 delivery.

edz

Retired.
Established Member
VOPC and the DORA which was updated today still shows mine to be delivered on 5/27 (that means week of) . Maybe all the holds, rumors everthing else have been just that... rumors. Maybe this is a rumor???? Time will tell.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
That's what I'm going to do. I don't think anything is substantiated although I do think Ford is doing a quality inspection of their assembly process and not on individual components.

It would be a kick in the head if my dealer called me and said my Cobra was sitting on his lot tomorrow.

I think this Cobra will be worth the wait. I pity the person who gets angry and goes and buys a vette or SS after having an 03 on order. They will be real sorry when they see what these cars will do with a few mods :beer: .

01blkcovert

Established Member
Originally posted by edz
VOPC and the DORA which was updated today still shows mine to be delivered on 5/27 (that means week of) . Maybe all the holds, rumors everthing else have been just that... rumors. Maybe this is a rumor???? Time will tell.

Mine still shows 5/27 also according to my dealer. We'll see............................

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
My dealer just called me this morning. My black coupe (#1140) is built. His red vert has also been built. (So they obviously are not delaying convertibles till next May.) He said VOPC tells him they will ship 6/1, but that most likely won't be the case. He estimated mid June. I don't mind waiting for QC to give the thumbs up.

01blkcovert

Established Member
Originally posted by VintagePorscheG
So I called my dealer and they said that its now showing a build date of 5/27... What the hell happened to my 5/13 build date?

Once again I can feel my frustration rising...
Spoke to my dealer today too. He said both his and mine are now due mid June.

gcawad

Established Member
Called my dealer Friday, he said delivery date was 5/27. He thought it would arrive Tuesday or Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread