Dealer Lingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVT-03

Established Member
I've tried buying a car at a thousand bucks over invoice here in Orlando, FL. Never really happened. In fact, every dealership I've ever been to here says we'll give you a great deal, next thing you know they haven't taken one penny off MSRP and I have to leave 4 hours later wondering what the hell just happened while the salesman was runing in and out of his manager's office??? Every time they come back the deal gets worse????

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
SVT-03 said:
I've tried buying a car at a thousand bucks over invoice here in Orlando, FL. Never really happened. In fact, every dealership I've ever been to here says we'll give you a great deal, next thing you know they haven't taken one penny off MSRP and I have to leave 4 hours later wondering what the hell just happened while the salesman was runing in and out of his manager's office??? Every time they come back the deal gets worse????

Which is why you should stay away from dealerships/sales people that do that.

If the salesperson cannot control his own deal, hes a shitty salesperson. Afterall his job is to get the best price for you.

Running back and forth is the sign of very bad dealer practices. Although this is the way that many dealerships operate. Sad but true.

R1Lello

Established Member
Dead cost is the term used, it is invoice less the holdback. How's that for fact???

You're probably one of these 'honest' dealers aren't you holding back info.

As a customer, I'd stay away from your dealer that's for sure.

Enjoy the day.

To the others on this board, I hope my 'true' info helped.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Its called DEALER MEMO for christ's sake. Not dead cost.

God, how long does it take to figure that out.

Here, ready for the break down. Apparently my fun wasnt fun to you all.

MSRP -Manufacturer's suggested Retail Price
LIST- What the dealer is listing it for.
X plan -2% above Dealer Invoice, for companies employees that deal with Ford
Invoice -What the dealer can sell it for while still making a small profit.
Holdback- The money the dealer is entitled to keep before memo. The dealer even keeps this during a dealer trade.
Dealer MEMO- What the vehicle was paid for by the dealer not including floorplan interest.
A/Z/D Plan- Sometimes its 2% below memo, sometimes it is 1% above memo it depends on the manufacturer. Ford employees, dealership employees, and thier families get this pricing.

Would you like to know what floorplan interest is? You floorplan is all of the vehicle you have on your lot. Usually the dealer cannot afford to buy is vehicles outright from the manufacturers, so there for he/she "floorplans" them with Ford. (Think the dealer is a consigner). The dealer pays interest monthly on how long these vehicles are in stock. AKA floorplan interest.

So the dealers arent screwing you by the way. The manufacturer puts SOOO much pressure on the dealer to sell volume and make profits, but how can you make profits when all of the above is common knowledge. Its the only industry in the world that is this cut-throat. So EXCUSE ME for not wanting to divulge this information. Sooner or later someone would have come up with it. But you know what, I was sick of watching you people 8itching about it.

So don't even dare to question my honesty or integrity because we have ALWAYS treated our customers with the UTMOST respect and honesty.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Ok thats enough. I am not getting into a bickering contest with you.

Bottomline: You were wrong when you called yourself true.

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
Ok thats enough. I am not getting into a bickering contest with you.

Bottomline: You were wrong when you called yourself true.

Fine, that's enough then, I won't throw in a 'bottomline' like you though............we're adults right?? It's all under the bridge.........

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread