Dealer Markup on 07 Shelby GT500?

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
People are ridiculous, they will pay anything. I've come across people who have paid over 35k for an '05 GT...A FRIGGIN" PRODUCTION MUSTANG!!! I can't even see paying full sticker for a car.

These people ruin it for everyone else.

rezcobra

Established Member
Capt. Shockwave said:
Wit the preliminary price being around $40k, how much of a markup do you guys predict will be on these beasts when they hit showrooms this time next year?

-joe
Usually anywhere from 2-5,000. But then there's always the dealers who refuse to markup vehicles. I got my 03 from such a dealer so you know I'm buying from them again.

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
My '03 was purchased in early '03 for under sticker. Def. cool. If I consider getting the new one i will give them a call.

speederdoc

Established Member
It's just supply and demand, capitalism at its best. If you want to be the first to have something, you are going to have to pay more for it.

I bought my 04 Terminator late in 2004 for 8K under sticker, no special Ford plan or anything. And I turned down a similar offering from a different dealer.

Yeah people will pay anything. In regards to an 03 cobra the dealer says "SOMEBODY WILL buy it I don't care how long it stays out there the price is not going down because we have people every day coming in asking about Cobras but we don't have any. But now that we do, someone out there will pay the price if they really want one"

Users who are viewing this thread