Dealer Markup?

StangD281

Established Member
Since it's at the dealer's discretion, what is the logical markup if retail is around $35k? IF they go to high, is there a fear that they may not sell as fast as they'd like. The car will be expensive to the dealer to let it sit on a lot....

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Most of the southern dealerships that I have spoken with are pricing at $2000-5000 over MSRP. $2000 is ok but $5K geeeeeeeez. Maybe the 2004 though. er uh, yeah.

MSRP is what I think they should be sold for. It keeps the re-sale amount up and everyone is happy.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
A dealer charging $1,500 over MSRP (in Texas) told me that the "big city" Texas dealerships were going to ask $10,000 over MSRP...

Whaddya think of that?

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue98Cobra
A dealer charging $1,500 over MSRP (in Texas) told me that the "big city" Texas dealerships were going to ask $10,000 over MSRP...

Whaddya think of that?
Rediculous!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I should put an ad in some big city Texas papers saying I can drop ship for MSRP + courtesy delivery.

my03svtcobra

Established Member
dealer told me that i might miss out on the over on msrp since im getting my ride in october and there should be less of a demand may car is ordered but for 1st week october del.
deep grey with the good wheels my order slip says not to exceed 3g's if the over is still in the works
sd

Users who are viewing this thread