dealer welded rear end

xsvtcmex

Established Member
this might be old news but I am going to post it anyways. I had the creaking rearend when going up drive ways or any other small inclines, so I took it to the dealer. the next day they called me and said that they needed to keep it for a few days because the rear end needed to be welded in certain places and that torqing the bolts in the rear suspension would not do the trick. has anyone else had this procedure done to thier car or did they just give you the runaround.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
The fact that they welded anything on your car is bad. Parts should be replaced, not welded. I would get a second opinion on the work they do, take it to another dealship or have someone who knows cars take a look at the work they did.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by ChicagoMike
The fact that they welded anything on your car is bad. Parts should be replaced, not welded. I would get a second opinion on the work they do, take it to another dealship or have someone who knows cars take a look at the work they did.
I dunno, the torque boxes on these things come apart after some hard launching and I could see some squeaks being caused by flexing etc.

Users who are viewing this thread