Dealers with Cobras?

cranium

Cerebral Assassin!!
Established Member
This is kind of a refresher on some post I have read some time ago...

Looking for 03/04 Cobra coupe, I'm needing to finance so dealership I assume would be the way to go??? I have my eye on autotrader and Hi-End Auto, but would like something a little closer to Louisiana.. Any help would be appreciated.:beer:

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I financed mine through the bank...the rate may be a little higher but you won't get raped on the price like you would through a dealership...

BSXrad

Rocking Your Socks Off
Established Member
Try going through a credit union. A lot of them now have online applications and can finance just as easy as through a dealer, and then you don't have to worry as much about getting bent over with huge dealer markups. My 2 pennies because that's what I'm doing right now!

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I tried the bank and got approved, but they said I had to buy the car from a dealership!??! :shrug:

I financed a car I bought out of state through my bank. All we had to do was get the seller to run the car by a branch of the bank in her town to have it inspected. Once that was done I was approved.

If the bank only wants you to buy from a dealership I'd go to another bank or a credit union...

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I tried the bank and got approved, but they said I had to buy the car from a dealership!??! :shrug:

That is strange. I got a loan through my companies credit union when I picked up my car. I bought the car from a private seller too. I've never heard of something like that. Maybe in these times the bank wants to have someone to blame if the car has issues. :shrug:

leeluther252

Established Member
If he has to buy from a dealership then it probably has to be a franchised name brand dealership like chevy, ford, honda, and so on. Capital One is big on this now. I've been having the same problem. The banks that approve me for an individual purchase are offering horrible, horrible, interest rates or are only financing for small lengths and small amounts.

cranium

Cerebral Assassin!!
Established Member
If he has to buy from a dealership then it probably has to be a franchised name brand dealership like chevy, ford, honda, and so on. Capital One is big on this now. I've been having the same problem. The banks that approve me for an individual purchase are offering horrible, horrible, interest rates or are only financing for small lengths and small amounts.

That is exactly what the deal is so far. Thanks for all the responses from everyone here by the way. I will check out Credit Unions later today as well.:beer:

nightwing

Established Member
Hey nightwing, if you happen to know the name of the dealership I will look it up and give them a call. Thanks:beer:

Toyota of Bristol
1-866-595-3086
they had 3 of them 2 weeks ago ..

Friendship Automotive of Bristol

1-866-717-0449
they have a 04 yellow cobra

hope that helps

1Quick4.6

Established Member
HI-end has about 10 cobras right now it's worth the trip...fly in and drive one back if your bank has already ok'd ya like u said.

Users who are viewing this thread