Dealing With Lost Weight

SnowMan

Established Member
After removing weight from the car , such as rear seats, stereo components, etc, the rear of the car raised up at least an inch and the front droped @1/2 inch. What would be the best way to level the car back out again? Just changing the rear springs or going to coil overs?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
how did the front drop? u didnt add any weight.....??? how much stereo stuff did u take out? rear seats are only 50lbs or so...

SnowMan

Established Member
Took out the rear seat and all associated brackets and hardware, rear seat belts, all of the Mach 460 stuff, seat belt loops off the front seats, changed out exhaust system. Dosn't seem like that much but it caused the rear to raise up, which in turn cause the front end to drop.

jimwood

Established Member
When you changed out your exhaust, presumably you jacked the car up. After the car settles out it will all be fine.

jimwood

Established Member
Your springs are not really preloaded, which is why safely removing them is very easy. Therefore, they would not make an inch difference in the front or the back (given the weight removed).

With that said, coilovers give you ajustability. New springs won't.

rACeRs

Established Member
After I removed all that stuff and put in lighter seats the rear of my car raised up too. I ended up cutting a half coil off the rear springs and all was good again :thumbsup:

SnowMan

Established Member
I was looking at 2 options. Springs or coil overs. As it turns out coil overs would be the way to go but it turns into a big project costing a lot of money. I ended up ordering a set of springs from Kenny Brown. They told me it would drop the rear @1". We will see after I install them. If that doesnt work, cutting the stock ones might be the next plan. Thanks for your input.

Ultimate CC

Established Member
rACeRs said:
After I removed all that stuff and put in lighter seats the rear of my car raised up too. I ended up cutting a half coil off the rear springs and all was good again :thumbsup:

Hey, I see your sig, got some impressive times there, what mods are you running.

Thanks
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread