Death of american mid-sized trucks?

thenexlevel

Established Member
The only mid-sized trucks I see people driving around here in chicago are toyota tacomas and very rarely do I see a ranger or a sport trac.

What happened to the american mid-sized truck market? Demand just isn't there anymore?

BayouFX4

GEAUX TIGERS
Established Member
The ranger is the only compact pick up left. The taco, frontier, colorado/canyon, and dakotas are true midsize trucks.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
The ranger is the only compact pick up left. The taco, frontier, colorado/canyon, and dakotas are true midsize trucks.

Agreed. All the full sized trucks have now moved to giant trucks, like the Silverado, Ram and F150 ('09 F150 is huge!), and the 1 ton trucks like F350 and 3500 trucks are just massive. I know people want big, beefy trucks, but soon we'll all be driving 1/2 ton big rigs.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
I know people want big, beefy trucks, but soon we'll all be driving 1/2 ton big rigs.

I would love to own an F650 w/CAT C7 but have absolutly no practical use for one :-D but i am a heavy equipment mechanic so i like big trucks.

red9450

Established Member
I have to disagree. the ranger does exactly what it was designed for, and does it very well. reliable, simple to work on if needed, 23mpg with the v6 and a 5 speed, 4wd, and 18k price tag.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
I drive an S10, and I love it. 4wd, 5sp, with the 4.3L. I avg 22 mpg Highway and about 17 in the city. Goes where I need it to in the rain and snow and drives like a truck.

But the Ranger does need a redesign.

sixt5

Established Member
i really dont like the rangers. of course im not a ford truck guy (dont hurt me!). chevy should have never quit makin the s10. we have 3 colorados on the farm and they are all junk.

s10 and yota's are where its at!

Users who are viewing this thread