Death to a GSXR

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
Took the B out to see if I fixed my misfire (seems okay) and if I could get a little racing in. In an hour of cruising (in Mexico of course) I couldn't find anything. Finally, on my way home, a wild gsxr appeared...Of course, we all knew I'd lose, but he pulled up, revved, and told me to slow down so I followed suit.

We punched it, and I held the lead till the middle of my third gear (the wimpy 2V falls on its face here regardless of what I'm racing). After the race, he pulls up and asks what mods I have done and what year it is. I told him, and his face lit up. He said he never had a mustang of my generation hang with him like that and that he wanted to go again. I said sure, but you know whats gonna happen lol.

We did a 40 roll and a 20 roll. On the 40, he passed me at the same time. For the 20 roll, we had to shut it down early because of traffic, and at about 70 I still had a hair on him (I think he gave me this one haha).

All in all, we both had fun. We complemented each other and told one another to be safe. Fun night :)

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
Nothing too major: gear, intake, no cats, little useless things here and there, and on 245 street tires. I've been racing this car since '07 though if that counts for anything.

He probably wanted to race because my car looks and sounds fast, and he was probably just as bored as me with what was out last night haha. I'm not certain on the size gsxr because I don't know them well enough, and I didn't ask. It looked like this if that helps at all.
32e_gsxr750_blue.jpg

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
No....? Title of thread: Death to a GSXR / Contents of Thread: 3 deaths to said GSXR

Last edited:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
You're saying you beat a gsxr (any cc or year really) with a bolt on 2V?

Wat.

He said he was with it till a certain point, he never said he beat anything in fact he states multiple times that he "lost" the title of his thread states "death". Impeccable display of reading comprehension skills!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Doesn't sound like he was much of a rider at all.

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
good death op you are gonna need alot more than 250-260whp to run with any bike. way to be a good sport

Oh, I definitely know this haha. I would love to find something around here more my speed, but I'll run anyone for fun.

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
Doesn't sound like he was much of a rider at all.

Well he didn't have a helmet which was terrifying for me. As soon as he passed me, I let off with the hope that he would too. He was a nice guy though, just wish he would be safer.

MTBSully

Established Member
He said he was with it till a certain point, he never said he beat anything in fact he states multiple times that he "lost" the title of his thread states "death". Impeccable display of reading comprehension skills!

"Death TO a GSXR" is the thread title. I don't know what they taught you in grade school, but to me, that says that the GSXR was the one doing the dying. He also mentions holding the lead. I see no mention of him getting pulled bus lengths on, which should be the case for ANY gsxr against a 2V.

But thanks for playing.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not to mention the picture posted is of a GSXR1000.

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
I googled "blue gsxr", and it looked like that. I don't know anything else about it.

You guys do realize that I made it abundantly clear that I lost, right? He wanted to race me. I just raced him and told the story of what happened. I'm sorry that it upset some of you. I'll try to lose worse next time..

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Sooo much fail in here. :lol1:

Some of you guys act like sportbikes can't move out of their own way. :nonono:

Even with an average rider a modern 600cc sportbike is still a 120+mph trap bike. Most can trap 128-130 with a decent rider.

I googled "blue gsxr", and it looked like that. I don't know anything else about it.

You guys do realize that I made it abundantly clear that I lost, right? He wanted to race me. I just raced him and told the story of what happened. I'm sorry that it upset some of you. I'll try to lose worse next time..

At what speed did he waste you, and by how much? Because bikes are most deadly from like 20-140. Having him by a hair at 70, where he should still be in first gear most likely, just doesn't sound legit.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Sooo much fail in here. :lol1:

Some of you guys act like sportbikes can't move out of their own way. :nonono:

Even with an average rider a modern 600cc sportbike is still a 120+mph trap bike. Most can trap 128-130 with a decent rider.

At what speed did he waste you, and by how much? Because bikes are most deadly from like 20-140. Having him by a hair at 70, where he should still be in first gear most likely, just doesn't sound legit.
Who in here said a gixxer wouldn't kill him? You're now the bike expert after riding for a year. Awesome. :bored:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Who in here said a gixxer wouldn't kill him? You're now the bike expert after riding for a year. Awesome. :bored:

You're just like the guys who won't let it go that I dropped my first bike at 3mph in a parking lot. :nonono: And I don't believe this is your first time trying to throw in my face the experience (or lack thereof according to you) I have on a motorcycle.

But onto your question... OP seems to think his bolt-on 2V stands a chance to like 70mph or something, and kcsvt94l seems to be giving the impression that that possibility isn't too far off either. Well yeah, maybe if the rider started in third gear at 30mph.

Regardless, it takes absolutely ZERO experience on a motorcycle to know this story just isn't happening, all things equal.

Last edited:

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member

Was he in the right gear? Idk. We did it 3 times with the same outcome (that's with me getting pulled which I apparently have to overemphasize). After he passed me, I let off. He was pulling away hard. By how much? Idk what answer you want here. Our last run, he was right next to me and pulling, but when we both slammed our brakes, I was barely ahead. I don't have a video so I can't prove anything. If you choose not to believe me then that's okay.

I am not faster than a bike (see how I'm clarifying this again). I do, however, enjoy racing. This is my hobby. Also, if anyone around okc wants to run for FUN, I am down. Yes, I have a 2V so I'll probably lose, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't have fun. Apparently we have to get it on video though, because even if you win, if you don't win by a certain amount, it "doesn't sound legit".

Kiohtee

Established Member
Was he in the right gear? Idk. We did it 3 times with the same outcome (that's with me getting pulled which I apparently have to overemphasize). After he passed me, I let off. He was pulling away hard. By how much? Idk what answer you want here. Our last run, he was right next to me and pulling, but when we both slammed our brakes, I was barely ahead. I don't have a video so I can't prove anything. If you choose not to believe me then that's okay.

I am not faster than a bike (see how I'm clarifying this again). I do, however, enjoy racing. This is my hobby. Also, if anyone around okc wants to run for FUN, I am down. Yes, I have a 2V so I'll probably lose, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't have fun. Apparently we have to get it on video though, because even if you win, if you don't win by a certain amount, it "doesn't sound legit".

At least you understand now. :)

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I'm putting money down that it was the GS 500-F looks just like a GSX-R to an untrained eye and are solid 13 second bikes.

Users who are viewing this thread