Debating getting clear bra installed

Breitling

Established Member
I just can't decide. Part of me really likes the protection offered by the clear bra against minor road debris, chips, etc. The other part of me loves polishing, waxing and glazing and I'm worried I'll miss out on this if I clear bra the front end, hood and rocker panels. I'm also worried that the brilliant glossy shine that I've got will be "dulled" by the protective film and that I won't be happy with that.

If you've been down this road, I would appreciate your thoughts, recommendations or input.

Thanks!

mehhem

I have debated the same thing. Even as a painter in a body shop , I do not care to or
have time to paint my car.
I think its a good idea but I personally decided only to apply to leading edge of rocker
panels behind front wheels.
The front bumper isn't a bad idea from a cosmetic stand point, but a chip on a plastic part is only cosmetic deep.
No chance for rust to develop from it.
I think people get too carried away with it for sure. I wouldn't do the hood, it alters the appearance of the paint
and there may be flaws in it from application that you may not be able to live with.
Get a bottle of touch up paint and
Drive it , enjoy it .

dom418

Established Member
Do it! Unless you like polishing rock chips. You care for the clear bra the same way you would your paint. Wax it like normal but just be careful around the edges as it tends to build up access wax. Besides you will only have about 10% of your car covered in clear bra so the other 90% can be compounded etc? as for ruining the paint underneath???I've never had any issues. I have had 3 cars done. Front bumper, mirrors and 24" up the hood is plenty of protection

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I personally don't like them. they aren't "clear" enough for me if you know what I mean. you can still see outline of them etc not to mention its expensive. could probably have bumper redone several times for price of clear bra

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I personally don't like them. they aren't "clear" enough for me if you know what I mean. you can still see outline of them etc not to mention its expensive. could probably have bumper redone several times for price of clear bra

I agree 100%, I had the clear bra on my ZR1 and took it off and will never go back. Had the bumper repainted and its perfect again.

Users who are viewing this thread