Decided to go with a Whipple.

TRD1

Just another Cobra
Established Member
Can somone give me a list of what I will need to run a Whipple. I dont know what one I am getting. Not the small one but not the Mamoth or whatever its called. I have a SLP catack and JLT(I think) CAI. I do have subframe connectors just welded them up last weekend. I am installing HR race springs next week. That is all I have done to the car. I do have a Predator handheld that I havnt used. What all am I going to need with the Whipple? I am looking for 590-620 ish rwhp. I would be happy with a safe tune and upper 500 hp range. I am looking for a list of supporting modds. I dont want overkill fuel system or anything. I just want a safe condition at the above stated HP range. Any help would be great.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
2.3 whipple is still a great choice for whipple owners.

i would say you need 60#inj, diablo MAFia, kenne bell boost-a-pump, a different clutch because your going to blow yours out. a lot of guys on here, including my self go with a spec stage 3+ clutch, adj. clutch cable and quadrant, different fly wheel. and your just about set!!

mach1033

Established Member
You only have two choices the 2.3 or the 3.4. I would assume your getting the 2.3. With the HP you want you need at least 17lbs of boost. As far as fuel I dont see how you can go cheap. You will at least need 60lb injectors, GT pumps, a modified single FPDM and pprv delete. You will need a new MAF like an SCT 2400. Your stock clutch wont last to long. For the rear I would get at least the Steeda Cobra stop the hop cause your gonna need it with those power level's. One more thing get a single blade TB. Make sure you mention it when you order you whipple.

Last edited:

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
+1 on the pprv delete, and the tb. i have accufab big oval seems to do the job. fuel delivery is a big question on ts cars... some guys go all out with return style, or a fore hat, gt40 fuel pumps, bigger lines, and rails. i just have 60#inj, and a BAP. after the 650 -700+ hp level you will want to upgrade your fuel delivery imo.

and if you want the best irs for your cobra talk to bruce(ac427cobra) --------> http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...g-kit-w-adj-sway-bar-links-bumpsteer-kit.html

mach1033

Established Member
One more thing about fuel. I have a whipple making 17lbs of boost. My fuel system consist's of the Fore hat, gt pumps, duel FPDM's, aeromotive fuel filter, new 8-an fuel line from hat to rails, Fore rails and 60lb injectors. After all was said and done I made 605 on pump 93. MY fuel pump duty cycles were at 72%. More than enough to grow later on.

mach1033

Established Member
Bruces kit is the best I have it. But it cost's way more than the Steeda. Also if you do a clutch upgrade go for the 26 spline upgrade along with the input shaft.

TRD1

Just another Cobra
Established Member
ok I will start looking at gt pumps and a BAP first then start looking for best deal on a Whipple. The stock clutch is gonna have to last for a while lol. I will be broke after all this. Ohh well. Might as well do it while I have the money. Thanks for the help.

mach1033

Established Member
My stock clutch lasted 6 month's at my power levele's. I'm still upgrading to this day lol. Shit never ends.

lococobra03

Established Member
Gonna also need a good set DR. NITTO,HOOISER,MT. I would also get irs differential brace and bushing. Get xcal tuner you can do alot more with those. Just my .02

TRD1

Just another Cobra
Established Member
am ordering tires this weekend. I cant decide what to get. I have stock rims.

Black306

Established Member
ok I will start looking at gt pumps and a BAP first then start looking for best deal on a Whipple. The stock clutch is gonna have to last for a while lol. I will be broke after all this. Ohh well. Might as well do it while I have the money. Thanks for the help.

With dual FPDMs and GT pumps, you wont need a BAP.

Personally, I would recommend dual FPDMs over a single modified FPDM for a couple main reasons. Dual FPDMs are more efficient and going dual FPDM can be done a lot cheaper. Other reasons can be that a replacement FPDM can be found more easily and for less money and wiring 2 pumps does not get bottlenecked to a pair of 14ga wires/pins into the FPDM. Only real downside is that installing dual FPDMs is harder and more time consuming.

Users who are viewing this thread