deciding on exhaust....???

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
well i took out the slp lm1 seems its way to loud an not deep enough.

so its in between two the MAGNAPACKS or STINGERS...:shrug:

im leaning more towards the magnapacks but how loud do they sound on idle
i have a bbk o/r h pipe...???
it sounds decent for now but want it louder..:burn::nonono:

also i have an annoying ass leak on the drivers side of the h pipe,
were the manifolds connect. how could i fix this..

also the bbk h pipe i bought i bought it from a guy with a 98 cobra
but it hangs way to low, is there anyway it doesn't hang that low i want to dropp it an doesn't seem it would have enough clearance:nono::nono:

HamMach1

Established Member
The Packs are pretty loud at idle with my O/R x-pipe when the car is cold but when she warms up the idle has more of a bassy sound to it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQNzoaGYxxs"]YouTube - Magnapacks and VRS O/R x-pipe[/ame]

IMO just go with the Magnapacks because the Stingers sound way too similar to spend the extra cash on them. Or better yet get the SSS "Terminator" catback or even just the regular SSS catback. You get the sound of the Packs/Stingers but pay a like half the price.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnONaalVT1s"]YouTube - 2003 Mach 1 Mustang SSS Catback Terminator Mufflers Stainless Steel Systems Cat Back[/ame]

Last edited:

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
one chamber flows ? thats what i got if u want a deep tone get a chamber muffler
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4C095sheaA"]YouTube - 2 stangs[/ame]

MachinU

Established Member
Not sure why your h pipe is hanging so low but as for the exhaust leak i tried the clamps didnt work tried the bands didnt work either so i got fed up with it took it to a local muffler shop and got it welded its the way to go trust me. I was losing alot of power from the 2 big air leaks by the x pipe got it welded and i felt a big difference. Its gonna cost u around 30 bucks to get it welded dont get clamps all there gonna do is crush ur pipes and still have air leaks.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
my x pipe leaked the same way... the h pipe might not be on right, having it hang low might cause a leak u can try on bolting it and putting some copper rvt on both sides of the flangs,when u go to bolt it up make sure u have the end of the h pipe up real close to the floor board and bolt every thing up... thats what i did to my upr x pipe. no leaks

Last edited:

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
My buddy have the same prob with his LM1 Setup....Pipe always drug the ground on the smallest inclines!

I personally love the 0/R Bassani Systems....They sound IMMACULATE!

Bluebullit

Established Member
O/R X and borla (non stingers) aka Steeda Cat-back would give you some good tone and its still pretty loud on 4v but not stinger loud or anything

But if you have an H pipe i would put mac on there cause they sound great too and they are deep toned too

Users who are viewing this thread