Decision on my Capri Build direction

Which direction for the Capri

• Put the IRS, T-56, etc in it have a 10 sec on nitrous and beat the porsches in the corners

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Just T-56 and build the solid rear

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Start new - sell all old parts and build it one part at a time

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • All out drag car, tubular k drive only occasionally and shoot for the 9's

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bahndrvr

Pure, Hot, Speed
Established Member
Here's the delimma: Background, Picked up a 1983 Mercury Capri RS and am putting my 02 Vert back to stock and selling it, Now check out the post:)

I have a T-56 Viper spec, built IRS with Torsen T2R diff and 4:30's, MM bilstein coilovers and varous other suspension parts on my 02 I'm selling.

I'm certain I could get this car into the 10's on IRS with the AC Cobra/ Full tilt Boogie Delrin bushing kit and still tear it up in Autocross and Sebring etc..

Or I can go lightweight, and just drag it.

What would you all do?

I mean I have the parts paid for already, and they are at my disposal, would cost me under 700 to get the bellhousing, clutch, flywheel and crossmember to make it work in the Capri for the tranny - thinking I'm doing that no matter what.

Should i IRS it? i will be taking this thing to the track hopefully all the time, but who's to say i wouldn't do good with IRS in that old Capri, it's got the fenders to fill wiht some nice 18's after i massage them a little...

Hmm, Decisions, decisions let me know your opinions.

93sspcoupe

Established Member
i think it would be sweet as hell to have a irs and 6 speed in a capri. very unique. i kinda wanna do and irs swap in my coupe too

bahndrvr

Pure, Hot, Speed
Established Member
Looks like it's settled - I will be keeping the stock axle as well as I have a large garage and if I get to where I'm only drag racing, i'll switch it back out.

Any input on what gears I should go with, i'll try the 4.30's out on the 5.0, but not sure those will be right, they worked great on my blown 2v, but on a spray 302..?

Users who are viewing this thread