Decisions Decisions

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
So my wife and I pretty much decided its time for the bikes to go.....another friend of ours got killed, and we're just realizing the danger(guess we've been in denial), especially the back roads we ride around with all the side streets and cars that pull out in front of you...I believe we already have a buyer for both bikes, with an insane deal for a boyfriend/girlfriend in North Carolina I believe...now we're both going to have all this extra money, she says she wants to either get a lot of mods for her stang or just go with a GTO....we didnt pay much 4 her GT bc we got it off a friend, so its not a big loss....Now my decision comes to mod the hell outta the C6, or get a new Vette, or a slightly used C6Z06.....so what do ya'll think btwn my option and my wifes? Opinions would be appreciated..

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
Midnight_Cobra said:
Cam, intake for the C6, and exhaust and springs for the GT.

....thats not gonna be fast enough....Im gonna be recovering from the loss of my 1000.....

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
tempting...I'd prefer to go FI maybe with a head/cam set up....its not my daily so I'd like the power to be there all the time..

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
what are the C6Z's making with intake/headers/exhaust/tune/cam?

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
and as far as the wife goes......mild bolt on GTO>full bolt on mustang GT (everything short of a power adder)?

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
well the wife said with the money from her 600 (which I paid for) she wants to do intake/exhaust/shifter/springs/wheels (polished 04 cobra wheels)..even tho a GTO would probably still beat that cars ass i think thats just what she wants...she said if she wants 2 go really fast she'll drive the Z if i get it (little does she know hahah)

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
Tunedprt91 said:
get a c5z. and with the extra cash mod it. or buy one already modded. either way you can't lose.

y not just mod my C6 then?

Tunedprt91

Established Member
b/c you will save between 5-10 thousand buying a c5z versus c6. save even more between c5z versus c6z. so with the extra money saved you can make more power outta the c5z with the extra cash.

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
well.....rather then selling my C6 and buying a C5Z I could just mod my C6.....but before I start the modding would a C6Z just be quicker/better all around car for probably around the same price?

Tunedprt91

Established Member
midnight is right. I got my c5z over a c6 b/c I love the way the c5z looks. if you already have the c6 just mod it. I wasn't aware you already had a vette.

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
yeah, I kinda regret not just waiting and getting a C6Z before the C6...

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
Well the Bikes sold...a couple from Marietta Georgia are coming up to get them today i believe...we sold both together for an insanely good deal (for them)....but now all this extra cash.....

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Well are you two that hungry for power? You could save the money. Or the both of you can combine the cash to make a down payment on a really nice car.

Users who are viewing this thread