Decisions for stick car.

nxhappy

Established Member
turbo = more problems, more money

stick with a blower, trust me

imeyers302

Established Member
I have a 6mt 3.73s with a P1SC stage 2 at 9psi with a Boss mani. Absolutely love the setup. Car drives dead stock but once the boost comes in at just under 3500rpm she pulls like an animal all the way to 7600rpm. I installed the kit myself in a weekend and can bring the car back to stock in an afternoon if I ever wanted to. Also I know people get hung up on the bigger is better with the D1 vs P1, but the P1 can make much more power than the stock bottom end can handle. A turbo car requires a ton more work to install and a lot more work to bring back to stock, and is a higher investment. Unless you are going to build the motor later just stick with a supercharger. Even if you build the motor a head swap on the procharger to an F1 will get you over 1000hp.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive ran my d1sc setup into the high 9s with a stock engine and stock mt82. That being said I feel my car would be 2 to 3 tenths faster with a cpr kit on the same boost. The new p1x and d1x Prochargers may close the gap between superchargers and turbochargers. We'll see.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm interested in seeing how far I can take the car with a manual transmission and turbo. Staging it is going to be a learning curve but it's getting done. Fathouse Fab out of Indy has a t56 running 9.0's

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I was just about to add that to my post. With my wastegated blower im able to drag the clutch and not use the 2 step. The turbo setup would need to build boost which adds to the inital hit.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I will also add if you plan on running a number with a stick car...

28x10.5 stiff sidewall slicks
Full suspension with solid bushings, arb, and adjustable shocks and struts
Built 8.8" or 9"
N2mb to keep boost between gears

LSKiller98

Established Member
I will also add if you plan on running a number with a stick car...

28x10.5 stiff sidewall slicks
Full suspension with solid bushings, arb, and adjustable shocks and struts
Built 8.8" or 9"
N2mb to keep boost between gears

I'm running stiff walls now. I have bmr adjustable everything and their new race ARB which still needs to go on. It's got 2 step. Still gotta put in line lock, going to order opg's even though I'm not sure a turbo setup would need em. Going to look into the N2mb.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm running stiff walls now. I have bmr adjustable everything and their new race ARB which still needs to go on. It's got 2 step. Still gotta put in line lock, going to order opg's even though I'm not sure a turbo setup would need em. Going to look into the N2mb.

Did we just become best friends?

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Lol. I wasted 3 months of my life trying to decide. The long wait for the CPR (too many customers waiting) cancelled that out or else I'd have that...be waiting actually.

Didn't care for the looks of the bracket on the PC. Was oh so close to ordering a Beefcake Special Paxton or Hellion. Would have if it weren't for a local shop offering free install on a Whipple.

There are several big name tuners, and shop cars switching to Whipples and sticks (catchy phrase) because so few are doing it. I bought mine yesterday and haven't had one regret.

GL with whatever you run.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Lol. I wasted 3 months of my life trying to decide. The long wait for the CPR (too many customers waiting) cancelled that out or else I'd have that...be waiting actually.

Didn't care for the looks of the bracket on the PC. Was oh so close to ordering a Beefcake Special Paxton or Hellion. Would have if it weren't for a local shop offering free install on a Whipple.

There are several big name tuners, and shop cars switching to Whipples and sticks (catchy phrase) because so few are doing it. I bought mine yesterday and haven't had one regret.

GL with whatever you run.
GL with your choice. If not a centri i would run the 2.3 tvs as they run numbers

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Thanks. The VMP is fantastic, and was a strong contender for me as well. Everyone's entitled to an opinion.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks. The VMP is fantastic, and was a strong contender for me as well. Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
OP wants an opinion on drag racing his stick shift coyote with a power adder. I offer actual experience and you think your recent purchase is the best.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
OP wants an opinion on drag racing his stick shift coyote with a power adder. I offer actual experience and you think your recent purchase is the best.
Sorry for your confusion. I meant you are entitled to your opinion. Never said my choice was best lol

MRSUPRA

Established Member
I would say Turbo over Centri supercharger no matter what transmission. Getting full boost at redline is just narrowing the power band.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
thats non-sense.... a Turbo NEVER slips a belt and NEVER gets heat sink and even with upgraded cooling mods like I had in my last Mustang you will still get heat sink. a Turbo is simply WAY more reliable and FAR more efficient then a blower.

and when u want to make more power you don't have to switch pulleys you just turn the boost up and throw in different gas/tune easy!

a Turbo kit will make 600-700 hp on pump gas easily with far more TQ then a blower and u can surely drive it on the street and when u want to make 1200 hp (Bottom end mods with fuel mods of course) and race it at the track you just turn up boost and throw in C16 or E85.

most ppl here that are going to recommend a Blower over a Turbo have never had a Turbo on their car to compare. I have had both to compare and there is no comparison period!

turbo = more problems, more money

stick with a blower, trust me

Users who are viewing this thread