Deer 1 Lightning 0

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
:cryying: Driving home, leisurely, when out of no where jumps a :cuss: deer.
I will take pictures of it in the morning,it Broke the grille, headlamp,marker light, the front bumper looks out of place like its pushed back. Ugh I'm so pissed right now, And to top it all off now I can't sleep :cuss: :cuss: :(

Edit: I have full coverage threw farmers and they have always taken good care of me, I'm not looking forward to forking over mod money for the deductible :(

Update see post #14 for pictures :(

Last edited:

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
any pictures? yea ive had a close encounter, a week and a half ago, seemed like mine wished to get hit cuz it kept cuttin back to get hit, then did the deer in head lights things at the end only, thats when i finally got around him with milliseconds left.

JohninMD

Established Member
Luckily State Farm charges no deductible for a deer hit! I had about 2000.00 worth of damage to my previous car and they fixed it for free!

04sonicL

Established Member
that sux man, I've been there before. Last time I hit one was a cold night, I look back in my rear view and see him laying on the road breathing. I was so pissed I threw the truck in reverse and finished the job.

BriteRed20s

Established Member
Terminator

04sonicL said:
that sux man, I've been there before. Last time I hit one was a cold night, I look back in my rear view and see him laying on the road breathing. I was so pissed I threw the truck in reverse and finished the job.

Good for a deer or a mime, not good for a pedestrian.

convert03cobra

Established Member
I work with a guy who has an 02 Harley supercharged truck and hit a deer about 6 months ago. His insurance paid for the entire thing. It was no ones fault (well, maybe the deer) so he didn't have to pay his deductable. So you might not have to fork over any money at all. Good luck with the repairs.

Dusten

Established Member
little word of advice. Demand the insurance pay for ford parts. those grills are $$$$$. Then, buy yourself some very nice aftermarket ones, like i did. Ask ChrisNelson For a price on them, i hear he sells em... ;)

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
Well fellas, unfortunately the deer was picked up by someone needier than me, so no sausage. And a quick question, how tight are your front bumpers, cause I have some movement in mine, like if I grab the bottom edge it will move :shrug:

Here are the pictures, its not "to bad"

1443112201_76d46fab0f_o.jpg

1443974984_79c792e2ba_o.jpg

1443972700_07338ecf5d_o.jpg

1443110435_3e8de3a778_b.jpg

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Regardless, it's bad enough, sorry to here. Hey, have them replace the heat exchanger as well, just have the shop say it was cracked or something, this way, you get a brand new one, and you sell me the one you have for cheap. lol Right? Anyways, sorry about your luck. I've got dear gallor on my 30min commute every night, I'm dready the night I hit one.

Stewie 03

Established Member
Sorry to hear about this. Glad it's not too bad. Where exactly did this happen? I don't have much to worry about since I live in the city.

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
Stewie 03 said:
Sorry to hear about this. Glad it's not too bad. Where exactly did this happen? I don't have much to worry about since I live in the city.

Highway Six heading towards Pe Ell/Raymond, What sucks is thanks to ABS and good brakes I was able to stop before hitting one the night before, then last night bam, jumped right out in front of me :( :cuss:

RIDE THE said:
Ouch! It sucks, but it's not that bad.

Yeah, looks like I will need a grille shell, headlight assy, and the marker light, not sure what else :shrug:

Last edited:

j0hn

Established Member
Ouch. That sucks man.

I've seen so many of those damned things out there, but luckily enough I haven't had the (dis)pleasure of hitting one.

Users who are viewing this thread