delphi XM Radio Mounting Ideaa

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Anyone have one installed in their Cobra? I'm looking for ideas for locations, types of mounts, etc. Pictures would be nice........

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Subscribing to this thread! In S. Ga. there is like 1 station that is not country. I'm just to far from Macon & Sav. to get their rock stations. Plus, I love more of a variety of music. Having XM Radio would be perfect for me. I just have been too busy to check it out.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
The only problem I'm having is finding a really good place/method for installing the unit in our cars. I saw one mounted to the center console using a swivel style stem mount usually used for cell phones, however I know there are more creative ways to integrate the unit into our interior.

mikep01

Established Member
i have the delphi roadie, i took the mound cut out a couple of ribbing, remoe the left center vent then zip tied it to the vent. the lt edge of the mount sit along the lt edge to hold steady and i keep the lt vent closed.

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Ive seen them mounted at the very back side of the rear package shelf. Since we have such a large piece of back glass the signal doesnt seem to have any trouble getting in there.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Installed the Delphi unit today. I'll post pictures this weekend, no time today. The sound is awesome, the install was straightforward and the service is cheap considering the quality, quantity of medium and the fact it's now commercial free. I have the extra "boombox" at work so I can pop the unit out and plug and play my favorite tunes in the office, at home and in the car. Not bad for less than $10 bucks per month.

bskinner

its supposed to be a pretty hot little unit but i could see where you would run into problems on installing one

Users who are viewing this thread