Delrin bushing question

smith876

Established Member
Originally posted by SoCaLCobra79
New! IRS Delrin bushings for rear lower control arms

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/irsdelrinarmbushings.asp

As pointed out looks like the MM kit is available. In reading the page, it appears that the MM kit only includes the LCA bushings.

I thought the kit that Nick (stangcobra93) sold was both UCA and LCA bushings......

So my question is, what is the advantage to only replacing the LCA bushing? Wouldn't the UCA bushing still allow flex and thus wheelhop?

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
The majority of the weight is of course on the LCA's. The bushings and the whole UCA is a lot smaller by comparison. Nick sells UCA, LCA and diff bushings, you can get them seperate if you like but you get a discount if you get them all together. You can get nicks complete set for the price of MM's LCA bushings only.

The only advantage I see to MM's kit may be their shimed design. My drivers side was dead nuts on, but I did have to enlargen the hole on the front LCA bushing bount to get the bolt through. Their shim may solve this, but it sounds as if it may add some complexity and trial and error in fitting the bushing/shims so this may or may not be much of a plus. Only real nice things I can see about MM's kit is the "tooling" (as they phrased it) to remove old bushings, this would be nice since getting them out via drill bit on my garage floor was a real PITA. A proper sized die and press would make quick work of it though.

Last edited:

smith876

Established Member
Originally posted by Shadowgray03
The majority of the weight is of course on the LCA's. The bushings and the whole UCA is a lot smaller by comparison. Nick sells UCA, LCA and diff bushings, you can get them seperate if you like but you get a discount if you get them all together. You can get nicks complete set for the price of MM's LCA bushings only.

The only advantage I see to MM's kit may be their shimed design. My drivers side was dead nuts on, but I did have to enlargen the hole on the front LCA bushing bount to get the bolt through. Their shim may solve this, but it sounds as if it may add some complexity and trial and error in fitting the bushing/shims so this may or may not be much of a plus. Only real nice things I can see about MM's kit is the "tooling" (as they phrased it) to remove old bushings, this would be nice since getting them out via drill bit on my garage floor was a real PITA. A proper sized die and press would make quick work of it though.

Good stuff, appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread