Denali

CCS_56_EX

Established Member
Wow! Amazing pic. Congrats on the experience. Next up Everest?

Denali (or similar) is usually a prerequisite for Everest or a few other 8000m. I would like to do at least one 8000m. I had a guide (who died on Nanga Parbat last year) adamantly recommend Manaslu as a first 8000m, but I’m not really comfortable with the death ratio. Cho Oyu is most likely what I’ll attempt, but sometimes China is weird about permits there. Everest always gets a lot of attention, but any 8000m is an extraordinary feat in my book.

08mojo

Established Member
Congratulations and thank you for sharing! Those pictures are amazing, and something I'll never see first-hand.

Coiled03

Established Member
Amazing! I'd love to do Everest, but I'm not in anything close to good enough shape. Plus, I live in IL. We don't exactly have many mountains around here for practice lol.

SirShaun

Established Member
Congrats. Looks like a lot of suffering. That's all you, I will not be participating in any such adventures.

04SVTF

Established Member
Curious what they do with all the trash/waste on these mountains. Read a piece on Everest and how it's getting crazy polluted. Kind of odd how these places are revered for their challenging terrain but no one bothers to keep em clean.

CCS_56_EX

Established Member
Curious what they do with all the trash/waste on these mountains. Read a piece on Everest and how it's getting crazy polluted. Kind of odd how these places are revered for their challenging terrain but no one bothers to keep em clean.

Everything that goes in the mountain comes off, including human waste. On Denali climbers are required to use “clean mountain cans”, or CMC. These are handed out by the ranger station in Talkeetna that all climbers are required to register through. However, climbers are allowed to throw human waste into a crevasse at 14k camp.

uKV4hNv.jpg

The policies on Denali are actually really effective. The mountain is very pristine.

Last edited:

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Great pictures. I've been to Alaska twice in the mid 80's as a teenager, I keep telling my wife that I want to take her there.

Users who are viewing this thread