Densecharger

04gambitcobra

Established Member
Has anyone tried out this intake system for there Cobras. Its looks simple and cheap with reasonable HP gains.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I got one and wouldn't put anything else on my car. The EXTREMELY early models had an issue with the MAF position, and got a bad rap. The current models reposition the MAF (like almost every other CAI manufacturer) and this seemed to cure the problem. I have been running mine for s few years with no problems at all. Here in Texas summers, I need a CAI that actually pulls in cold air, the underhood models that have a partial heat shield will do me no good with the temps under my hood reaching the blistering stage. I say get one, then get a dyno to check your A/F ratios just to make sure they are in check - as you should do with every other power making mod.

Good luck,
Dan

I bought a d/c from a user on this forum used..I love what it did to my performance. I had a hell of a time installing it. You get a pipe for under the hood and one to go in the fender...The one that went in the fender was impossible to use in my car because there wasn't enough room due to the long coupler...even when I cut it down the heat exchanger hoses were in the way. I just put the filter in the "upper" position and I have gained 22 RWHP. I am very happy with it and would recommend it to you. BTW...You should try to find a better gasket than the one supplied because it gets deformed very easy.

florida03

Banned
That was my first mod. Warped after 6 months and
scratched the shit out of my heads. Not bashing the DC
just stating my experience. Ive been thru 2 CAI and
yout best bet is a straight shot open end 9 or 12 inch
air filter.

Users who are viewing this thread