Dent on left exhaust pipe, normal?

slidai

Established Member
So when I had the car on the lift last night, I noticed that on the left exhaust pipe, about halfway down the car, there is a dent on the bottom of the pipe facing the ground. Like the car was sat on something and the pipe bore the weight. It almost looks normal though. It's a small, flat indentation and then its evenly flattens out as it progresses back towards the rear. Imagine spreading icing with a knife. It's about 3 inches wide and maybe 5 inches long. I'll take a picture tonight at work but there's no scraping or anything. As I said, it almost looks like its suppose to be there but I can't imagine why. So, normal?

deepblue13

Established Member
I have a dent on my resonator, I just thought they bumped it when they took it off the trailer or something. It does however, look like it could be intentional because it looks perfectly flat.

ConeCrusher281

Established Member
I was at the ford dealer last weekend and noticed that every Mustang they had there had the same dent in the same spot on the left resonator. I guess its factory

Bmr4life

Established Member
Ha, I always assumed I ran over something. I had put M80's on my last mustang and I did dent one in the exact same way.

slidai

Established Member
Ok cool. It does look factory but you never know. My rim has a circular gash in it so I'm already pissed about that.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
stock exhaust is not really very good. inside the resonators is only ~2".

ATFPat

Established Member
stock exhaust is not really very good. inside the resonators is only ~2".

Huh, I did an axle back but maybe I'll order the center exhaust part to eliminate the resonators and get more sound.

I also have a dent on the left side but I thought it was from the truck lol

Users who are viewing this thread